Old PC Games

Discussion in 'Gamers Hangout' started by JK2447, Dec 4, 2010.

1. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Yie ar kung fu was better than Way of the Exploding fist 1 & 2.:D

You can play it online here http://www.classiconlinegames.nl/arcade/99-yie-ar-kung-fu

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  2. JK2447
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

JK2447 Petabyte Poster Administrator Premium Member

Top Poster
    of the Month

It sounds rubbish but I used to get lost in text adventure games. Twin Kingdom Valley was my all time favourite, and the Hobbit. Just goes to show its not all about the graphics, in my eyes at least.

I love the Tenchu series on PS1/2. The later games are terrible :S

Certifications: VCP4, 5, 6, 6.5, 6.7, 7, 8, VCAP DCV Design, VMConAWS Skill, Google Cloud Digital Leader, BSc (Hons), HND IT, HND Computing, ITIL-F, MBCS CITP, MCP (270,290,291,293,294,298,299,410,411,412) MCTS (401,620,624,652) MCSA:Security, MCSE: Security, Security+, CPTS, CCA (XenApp6.5), MCSA 2012, VSP, VTSP
    WIP: Google Cloud Certs
  3. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

Yeah - Robin Hood. Yay.
    And then they got really special and actually had animated pictires like Kayleth and, er, the other one.

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  4. Colloghi

Colloghi Kilobyte Poster

There was a follow up to Skool Daze, called bak to Skool which was great as well and featured a girls school alongside the boys school. If i remember rightly, you kissed the girls to reduce your number of lines as well:|

There is actually a remake of Skool Daze for the PC , called Klass of 99 - it can be found here. Its very good as well!

http://retrospec.sgn.net/game/ko99

Last edited: Dec 6, 2010
    Certifications: A+, MCP 270, 271, MCDST
    WIP: 290
  5. Colloghi

Colloghi Kilobyte Poster

GBL, you can play Knightlore online here:

http://twinbee.org/hob/play.php?snap=knightlore&scale=2

I may actually have this for my emulator at home - Ill check later for you, if you still want it offline :)

Certifications: A+, MCP 270, 271, MCDST
    WIP: 290
  6. JK2447
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

JK2447 Petabyte Poster Administrator Premium Member

Top Poster
    of the Month

Fellow Speccy lovers know about this right??? I'm gonna play TKV now, booked my last day off to revise for the CCNA..... You can also get an app for android that downloads Spectrum games called Marvin

Certifications: VCP4, 5, 6, 6.5, 6.7, 7, 8, VCAP DCV Design, VMConAWS Skill, Google Cloud Digital Leader, BSc (Hons), HND IT, HND Computing, ITIL-F, MBCS CITP, MCP (270,290,291,293,294,298,299,410,411,412) MCTS (401,620,624,652) MCSA:Security, MCSE: Security, Security+, CPTS, CCA (XenApp6.5), MCSA 2012, VSP, VTSP
    WIP: Google Cloud Certs
  7. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  8. Arroryn

Arroryn we're all dooooooomed Moderator

retro - aka "let's all talk about being old together, kids nowadays don't understand" lol :)

I'll dip and play a few different ones, either on my Amstrad, my Mega Drive, or on my PC emulated or under XP mode.

Dizzy games (Treasure Island is the fave)
    Paperboy (I now have this on my iPhone)
    Really want to play Oh Mummy and Rockstar Ate my Hamster, but need to buy new cassettes
    Toejam and Earl
    Streets of Rage (also have this on the iPhone now)
    Constructor (PC)
    Theme Hospital (PC)
    Doom, Quake, Descent - any of the earlier PC FPS.

Yeah. That's about it :)

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, 70-410, 70-411
    WIP: Modern Languages BA
  9. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

All the time. There are quite a few classics that I go back to time and time again, including Master of Magic, Advanced Civilization (Avalon Hill, not Sid Meier), and Magic the Gathering: Duels of the Planeswalkers, all from the 90s. I look forward to playing Planescape: Torment and Arcanum at some point.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  10. quuuaid

quuuaid Nibble Poster

I love playing the classic adventure games from Sierra and LucasArts from time to time. Kings\Space Quest, LSL, Freddie Pharkas, Day of the Tentacle, The Dig, Broken Sword and (note my Avatar) Monkey Island are all titles the I've played through numerous times. Some of the gags just never get old! :biggrin

In fact, LucasArts recently re-released Monkey Island 2 with a graphics overhaul but the same story. Haven't tried it myself yet, but it sounds awesome. Apparently it has optional developer commentary during gameplay and you can switch back and forth between the HD and original graphics modes!

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST
    WIP: Drupal, PHP
  11. J.Hinds

J.Hinds Nibble Poster

I was going through an old disk a few weeks back and stumbled accross Doom! :p So had a little razz on that, was very strange to play.

Amazing to see how far technology has come in such a short space of time.

Certifications: A+, MCP, MCTS (Win 7)
    WIP: MCSA (Server)
  12. Fergal1982

Fergal1982 Petabyte Poster

They did it with the first MI too. The first one was brilliant, and so far the second is pretty cool too, but I havent played beyond the first island yet.

Certifications: ITIL Foundation; MCTS: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010, Administration
    WIP: None at present
  13. quuuaid

quuuaid Nibble Poster

Sweet, I'm thinking I'll get one over Xmas.

14. quuuaid

quuuaid Nibble Poster

Ok, so I decided I couldn't wait for xmas & bought both Monkey Island SEs as a package on Steam over the weekend! :oops: Playing MI1 SE right now and I agree it's awesome. I find myself constantly hitting the F10 just to compare versions, a brilliant idea! Not sure about Guybrush's shaved sides a la mullet in the SE version though. Not what I'd envisaged in the original version! :biggrin

15. gosh1976

gosh1976 Kilobyte Poster

I was also looking through some cd's the other day and found the original diablo in there. I also have unreal tournament, doom, and quake around somewhere. Maybe it's about time to install one or two of those and try to remember how to play! I could go for a game of Qbert or Pitfall as well!

Certifications: A+, Net+, MCDST, CCENT, MCTS: Win 7 Configuring, CCNA
  16. quuuaid

quuuaid Nibble Poster

Yeah diablo was a great game. Have you seen Blizzard's teasers re Diablo III? I've had a good look on their website & I'll definitely be picking up a copy once it's released...