Now your talking BIG SCREEN!!!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by noelg24, Jan 9, 2006.

1. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

right people (Phoenix in particular) In case some already know of this you will want to check out Dells new LCD monitor and boy its a monster!

They even compared it to Apples own display and welll...have a look for yourself

30" Display!!

Certifications: A+
    WIP: my life
  2. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Phoenix 53656e696f7220 4d6f64

it uses a newer panel than the apple one, promising better contrast and higher brightness
    its on the cards for next year maybe ;)
    buttt... it would look wierd with a v-res of 1600 when the rest of my mons are 1200, so might just get a few of the 24" wide screens, native res of 1920x1200

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, VCP
    WIP: > 0
  3. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

yes that was my debate too...I mean how many graphics cards will actually support that screen res? but hey no doubt by the time this has been released there will be cards to support the full res...:biggrin

4. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Phoenix 53656e696f7220 4d6f64

um, there are cards that support it now, the apply ones pull the same res, you just need a card that does dual link DVI

plenty of high end nVIDIA and ATI guards can handle it

and its for sale now at Dell US
    not sure its availability here yet

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, VCP
    WIP: > 0
  5. ffreeloader

ffreeloader Terabyte Poster

So the monitor in question on this thread is really my talking big screen? I always thought monitors displayed graphics and text, and didn't talk.

Just how is it mine anyway? Did you get this for me Noel? That's pretty good of you. :biggrin

Certifications: MCSE, MCDBA, CCNA, A+
    WIP: LPIC 1
  6. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

LOL I assume the monitor comes with speakers and voice recognition software. I can't wait for Noel to post ours to us Freddy, it's very generous of him :biggrin

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  7. ffreeloader

ffreeloader Terabyte Poster

It most certainly is. It's a first for me. I've never had anyone give me anything quite like a talking monitor before.... :biggrin

Certifications: MCSE, MCDBA, CCNA, A+
    WIP: LPIC 1
  8. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

hold on guys...moving a bit too fast here...haha...it aint a talking screen (if only!) i just put that as the title! Freddy your screen is in the post but bearing in mind the way the postal service work, you may not get until Xmas even then I still cant guarantee delivery! :biggrin...

9. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Noel, we are just having a bit of fun with your typo.

Your = something belonging to you.

You're = short for *you are*

:D

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  10. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

oh I see...well we all make mistakes...cant be helped...and besides dont make much difference...does it? eee I better watch my typing then I guess...hehe...thanks...:biggrin