Now I'm really depressed :(

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by UKDarkstar, Nov 12, 2009.

1. JK2447
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

JK2447 Petabyte Poster Administrator Premium Member

Er yeah and not with todays petrol prices! 3 or 4 litre you've got haven't you Johnny Flash? :biggrin

Certifications: VCP4, 5, 6, 6.5, 6.7, 7, 8, VCAP DCV Design, VMConAWS Skill, Google Cloud Digital Leader, BSc (Hons), HND IT, HND Computing, ITIL-F, MBCS CITP, MCP (270,290,291,293,294,298,299,410,411,412) MCTS (401,620,624,652) MCSA:Security, MCSE: Security, Security+, CPTS, CCA (XenApp6.5), MCSA 2012, VSP, VTSP
    WIP: Google Cloud Certs
  2. UKDarkstar
    Honorary Member

UKDarkstar Terabyte Poster

err, yeh, not very "green" :oops:

4 litre 286 bhp :p

Certifications: BA (Hons), MBCS, CITP, MInstLM, ITIL v3 Fdn, PTLLS, CELTA
    WIP: CMALT (about to submit), DTLLS (on hold until 2012)
  3. JK2447

JK2447 Petabyte Poster Administrator Premium Member

Greenpeace hunted your car with the Rainbow Warrior in the 80's I heard . . . . hope you recycle and use solar to atone Mr :biggrin :p . . . .suddenly you don't feel so depressed :lol:

Certifications: VCP4, 5, 6, 6.5, 6.7, 7, 8, VCAP DCV Design, VMConAWS Skill, Google Cloud Digital Leader, BSc (Hons), HND IT, HND Computing, ITIL-F, MBCS CITP, MCP (270,290,291,293,294,298,299,410,411,412) MCTS (401,620,624,652) MCSA:Security, MCSE: Security, Security+, CPTS, CCA (XenApp6.5), MCSA 2012, VSP, VTSP
    WIP: Google Cloud Certs
  4. albertc30

albertc30 Kilobyte Poster

Dear UKDarkstar;

I am very sorry indeed that you have had the misfortune of becoming unemployed at your age.
    I agree with allot of people as when it comes to people living on benefits, we have generations that never had dropped a single drop of sweat and all our government is doing is giving our tax payers money away.
    It's not bad enough to see my payslip every week with an average of 25% in taxes of my hard work.
    I get up every day at 06am and sometimes at 04am whenever there's overtime at work and always do any weekend that comes along and it is depressing that spit me and my wife booth work, we can't afford what allot of people that we know are living on benefits can.
    I am Portuguese and I have been living in the UK for the past 7 years now and have always paid my taxes and I do not even dear to think about becoming unemployed in the future and to be quite honest the thought of not being able to do well for my family really scares me.
    I have now done Cisco CCNA and I am just about to complete GCSE's in English and Maths in the hope that it can only help and improve my CV.
    I honestly can not see myself being at home day in day out doing nothing and living on benefits, it is just not me. I have been working with pcs since I was 18 and now I am looking for a job on IT and develop a career but it has been proving a hard task but whatever comes up on the papers and online jobs I apply to them all, it is all I can do for now. I am currently thinking about doing some voluntary work locally for charities etc… once again I do think that it can only improve my skills and my CV.
    I whish you all the best and sincerely hope that a new and exciting chapter comes into your life.
    What is this government doing with our taxes? Well, paying MPs expenses as they can't even afford their toilet paper on a £65k peer year salary. The government has incentives and money to spend on people on benefits that are not even slightest interested in working and yet they do get money thrown at them. They get to do any college course for free but if you’re employed like me just go to a local college and just inform yourself about any courses they might have and trust me; you’ll have to pay the course fee. I am doing my GCSE’s for free as my work UNION is paying for it; otherwise I would have to fork out £248.00 for each. I asked if there were any charges for unemployed people the answer was straight forward, it’s financed by the government. It is all about giving it to the unemployed that do not contribute to society (not all in general, I mean the people on benefits and unwilling to make a change) and take it away from those that do contribute to society.
    Keep it up mate and do not give in nor give up.

Certifications: CCNA
    WIP: 220-701 - A+
  5. drum_dude

drum_dude Gigabyte Poster

Well apparently income tax receipts no longer cover the benefits bill!

Certifications: MCP, MCSA 2000 , N+, A+ ,ITIL V2, MCTS, MCITP Lync 2010 & MCSA 2008, Sonus SATP SBC 1k/2k
    WIP: Hopefully Skype for Business and some Exchange stuff...
  6. albertc30

albertc30 Kilobyte Poster

That was the best word you could possibly use “apparently”.

Certifications: CCNA
    WIP: 220-701 - A+
  7. Sparky

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Now that was depressing!

Looks to be unfair to group everyone who is unemployed into the one course. There should be different ones depending on the individuals circumstances etc. as obviously some people don’t care about living on handouts whereas others have just been unlucky in the current economic climate.

How is the job search going mate? Are there any contracts going that you could apply for?

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  8. drum_dude

We can only go by what we read in the press, but more and more media outlets are highlighting the fact that the working population cannot support the unemployed. That is a little worrying to me!

However, what really scares the p1ss out of me is Quantatitive Easing and how some members of the MPC have been saying that it's main purpose to keep assest prices at a high level! Can you guess what assest they are talking about? Houses!

I'm sure Zeb would agree with me on what I'm about to write in that QE and other borrowing is Wealth Destruction...not only is the present wealth being destroyed in order to bail out the feckless but FUTURE wealth is also being destroyed too! Mortgages and property speculation do not create jobs! Investment in innovation and wealth creation is what creates jobs! Whether that be by debt is not a bad thing as investments can be payed back with some more on top!

We need to make 'stuff' that we can sell...no 'stuff' = no jobs! Simple as! All we have made for the past 12 years is 'debt' and for a while we got away with selling that on...but the musical chairs party is now over and the last chair in the room has China sitting firmly on it!

A negative post by me...but hey, that is where we are at the moment!

Certifications: MCP, MCSA 2000 , N+, A+ ,ITIL V2, MCTS, MCITP Lync 2010 & MCSA 2008, Sonus SATP SBC 1k/2k
  9. UKDarkstar
    Honorary Member

Well Monday is fast approaching with the dread of this two week course I'm on so apologies if posts between now and then might seem a bit tetchy :p

Can't say I'm looking forward to it at all. I've pulled out all the stops this week trying to get combinations of p/t work but nothing has resulted. A few possibilities for in the New Year which will be fine if they all come off but they're pretty much if's and but's.

As usual, had some interesting conversations with recruiters who then don't bother to ring back or answer emails :x (they're fast getting to be classed with lawyers and estate agents in my book).

Only saving grace has been the Uni that has assured me that they can sort things for me next year with various options available and that I would have credit for completing the first two course units - at least that's something.

Will keep you all posted :biggrin

10. Josiahb

Josiahb Gigabyte Poster

Good luck UKD, hopefully it won't be too painful!

Thats good news from the uni as well, at least you will still have the opportunity to get your masters.

Certifications: A+, Network+, MCDST, ACA – Mac Integration 10.10
  11. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

*sighs*
    I look forward to hearing your own appraisal of the course structure, content and effectiveness.

It might be worthwhile letting them know, that you have a very high profile on the Internet and will be extolling the skills, commitment, professionalism and work ethics of the people involved in the scheme, in cyberspace. :dry

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  12. UKDarkstar
    Honorary Member

Lol - apparently most of these training companies couldn't give a toss as they're being paid such a lot of money !

13. dmarsh
    Honorary Member 500 Likes Award

dmarsh Petabyte Poster

Yes, most of the government schemes seem only to serve to put vast amounts of cash into the pockets of cynical training companies that provide substandard service.

It would be so much better if funds could be spent on modular courses from univerisities, of course this would also involve overhauling the university system and making it more accessible and less targeted to full time study for the young.

14. UKDarkstar
    Honorary Member

Even if they allowed you to do any sort of training suited to your profession as opposed to just basic numeracy/literacy courses it would be better ! They just don't have a clue !:x

15. dmarsh
    Honorary Member 500 Likes Award

dmarsh Petabyte Poster

Offering advanced numeracy and lteracy would be a start ! Outside of the OU there is virtually no provision for adults above GCSE standard.

The soviets at least knew how to do education, and the american systems appear better too.

Here everything is market driven which results in courses on flower arranging etc or government social programs which results on spending yet more money on people that have proven not to respond to education !

Meanwhile students are having to cancel their college courses because the student loans company has lost their paperwork.

So much for 'education, education, education !'

Rant over, sorry folks ! :dry

16. ericrollo

ericrollo Megabyte Poster

This is what college is like, you best way to succeed in this sort of environment is to learn about all the little loop holes and abuse them.

I still have got no student funding at all.

Certifications: MOS Master, A+, MCP 271
    WIP: HND, Programming, Another Job
  17. UKDarkstar
    Honorary Member

I'll save mine until after day 1 of this "course" :p

You really do post some weird stuff sometimes m8. I have no idea what you're on about or the relevance to my post ! :blink

18. Sparky

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Eh? :blink

Part-time job perhaps?

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  19. ericrollo

ericrollo Megabyte Poster

I have had to pay it out of savings.

Certifications: MOS Master, A+, MCP 271
    WIP: HND, Programming, Another Job
  20. drum_dude

A good rant!