Notes online

Discussion in 'General Cisco Certifications' started by paulus89, Jan 2, 2007.

1. paulus89

paulus89 New Member

Hi all and Happy New Year :biggrin

I have been working on a simple website for a little while now and it's now time to release it to the world. Eventually it will contain all my notes from study for 640-801.

Let me know what you think

Paul

http://www.zen10733.zen.co.uk/ccna/

Certifications: MCSA,MCSE (2000 + 2003) Messaging,CCNA
    WIP: http://www.zen10733.zen.co.uk/ccna/
  2. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

Happy new year Paul.

Well done on the pass. Thanks for sharing the site with us, it's good :thumbleft.

Si

Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT
  3. NetEyeBall

NetEyeBall Kilobyte Poster

I wish I found your site when I was studying for my CCNA!

The Subnet Tutor program really helped me. In fact I use it to answer 5 to 10 problems a night just to keep it fresh. Which I highly suggest to everyone to do.

For example tonight I was troubleshooting an issue for a hospital and the visio map had the following information:

Secondary Router S0/0/0:0.733 10.1.18.165/30
    AT&T PE Router 10.1.18.158/30

I quickly picked up the phone and contacted AT&T to find out the correct IP Address for the AT&T PE Router!

The actual issue was with the primary router however. It was a slow response issue. I was returning around 158-244ms echo replies across the WAN Link with no high bandwidth usage, errors or packet loss. I had AT&T bounce the PVC and that fixed the issue. A small issue really, but one takes what one can get. :biggrin

Certifications: CCNA, A+, N+, MCSE 4.0, CCA
    WIP: CCDA, CCNP, Cisco Firewall
  4. paulus89

paulus89 New Member

cool, glad you like it.

I got to the point where I could subnet in my head almost straightaway. A bit like Neo when he can see the Matrix within all those green characters. Well, that's what it felt like anyway :blink

I never really grasped subnetting to this extent until I read the Cisco Press Wendell Odom books. His explanation made it sooo much clearer than MS Press 70-216. OK I passed 70-216 but found myself still stumbling and generally feeling that I could get a better grasp. Plus loads and loads of practice, it's absolutely essential.

Your router problem sounded interesting. I would be frustrated that I couldn't find the problem. OK a bounce is great and it works but I guess I am a bit of puritan and would want to know EXACTLY what happened. But hey, you'd go mad if you didnt let these things go occasionally. Another essential IT skill!

Paul

Certifications: MCSA,MCSE (2000 + 2003) Messaging,CCNA
    WIP: http://www.zen10733.zen.co.uk/ccna/