Noob question here. Is CCent = ICND 1?

Discussion in 'General Cisco Certifications' started by OldGuy1177, Jul 26, 2016.

1. OldGuy1177

OldGuy1177 New Member

So.. in order to get CCNA, I have to pass either ICND 1 & 2 or 200-120(soon to be 200-125)?

Which path is easier for cisco newb? I have CompTIA network+ and it mostly covers network tech terms but hardly anything on switch commands and protocols.

By the way, if I decide to do ICND path and pass ICND 1, will it count as ICND1 when the Cisco Exams updates to new version next month? I suppose, ICND 1 shouldn't be too hard for me to pass since I already passed network+ and been studying for CCNA for past one week. I think I can pass ICND 1 if I study about 2 more weeks or so but if new updates late next month don't count current ICND 1 towards to CCNA v3.0, I think there is no point taking it. CompTIA keeps old exams valid for few months even after new updated version releases but do Cisco do that too or do they take down old ones as soon as new version come out?

Last edited: Jul 26, 2016
  2. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

In answer to your question, yes it is the ICND1.

If you're new to Networking then going down the dual exam route is definitely the right choice.

As far as whether the old ICND1 will help certify to CCNA is something you will either need to research yourself or ask Cisco about as it's not something I am aware of.

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA
  3. Jaron78

Jaron78 Gigabyte Poster Forum Leader

What @SimonD says.
    I am going down the dual route as soon as I pass the N+.
    I have had a look at both the ICND and the CCNA route and as I have 0 work experience, I am going the ICND route.