Non Certificaiton Training

Discussion in 'Polling Station' started by Phoenix, Nov 28, 2007.

?

Would you pay for Non certification related training?

1. Yes, definatly, i've always wanted that!, no matter the cost

5 vote(s)
    12.2%
  2. I'd be interested, as long as its cheaper than certification training

17 vote(s)
    41.5%
  3. I'm interested, but I dont really care

7 vote(s)
    17.1%
  4. No, thats the lamest idea ever, stick to fixing printers Ryan

12 vote(s)
    29.3%
  1. Leehaa

Leehaa Gigabyte Poster

Would definitely be interested.

Certifications: MCP, MCDST, ITIL v3, MBCS, others...
    WIP: BSc IT & Computing, RHCE
  2. Luddym

Luddym Megabyte Poster

Quick answer.... Possibly depending on the circumstance.

But, I would in no way consider taking an AD course if it wasn't aimed at pasing the 70-294 or taking a Virtualization course without thinking of taking the VCP.

At the end of the day, the Vendors such as Microsoft and VM set the Certs on what they think you should know to be useful. I know that alot of material you need to know to pass a cert might not be used in your every day life, but I think it all helps when the proverbial really hits the fan and you need to start troubleshooting.

If there was a course that did not have a relevant qualification, say for a product that as yet isn't popular enough, or for a really specialized subject, and was something that interested me, then sure, I'd definately take it.

So to sum up, No, if it was teaching the how to's of something big like a Microsoft product, but yes if it was for something that hasn't got a possible cert attached.

Certifications: VCP,A+, N+, MCSA, MCSE
    WIP: Christmas Drunkard