No IT career but...

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by Miro, Oct 23, 2010.

1. Miro

Miro Byte Poster

Hello.
    Last time I was on the forum nearly a year ago. My plan was to get an IT job and start the IT career. So I have done CompTIA A+ and MCDST. However no good luck plus recession change my directions. I am studying now towards psychology degree and work as a tutor in a day centre for people with autism and learning disability.
    But the IT knowledge I have acquired is indispensible. Even I am not working as an IT I can still fix computer for myself, my family and all my friends. I know where and what hardware to buy so no more high price and bad advice from PC World. In addition many psychological researches nowadays are based on IT technology.

In conclusion I just would like to say that even you do not have direct IT job it is still worth to pass some exams and get the knowledge which is very useful in different jobs too. My current employer hired me because beside psychological skills I have got something more to offer too.

Certifications: A+ IT Technician
    WIP: MCDST, Network+
  2. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Very well put Miro.

Well done

Rep Given.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  3. reverb

reverb Byte Poster

Psychology is something that has always interested me. At one point, I considered packing it all in and go the psychology route when I was thinking of alternative careers. Who knows, that might resurface tomorrow.

User interface designing and human computer interaction sort of crosses over to psychology in some aspects. Does that sort of work appeal to you?

Last edited: Oct 26, 2010
  4. onoski

onoski Terabyte Poster

Well done Miro, as that's the attitude and don't let anyone put you off with their negative know it all attitude. Cheerio and thanks for sharing your experience:)

Last edited: Oct 26, 2010
    Certifications: MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003 Messaging, MCP, HNC BIT, ITIL Fdn V3, SDI Fdn, VCP 4 & VCP 5
    WIP: MCTS:70-236, PowerShell