NITLC AGAIN !!

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by cocoloco, Nov 2, 2005.

1. cocoloco

cocoloco New Member

Well its now 8 days until i make a decision on the 20% required by our friend from the above company ! I have faith that they are probably one of the better companies offering the £3.9k package. But the problem concerning me is that i have not heard or read through the forums on this great site any success stories or encouragement from nitlc students ! Does anyone have an explanation for this ? Is it maybe because the students now use their own private site ? I have to say that through listening to many simalar posts and replies i am leaning towards the theory of starting out with the a+ and network+ first. I can think of faster ways and more enjoyable methods of blowing the fast cash they asking of me !

Certifications: A+
  2. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

Right, lets be fair, if this company had had many students which it had why can't you contact any of them?

People moan about easyjet but lets be fair they can't be bad to let channel 3 film there every week :biggrin

Don't be scared of asking questions. Don't agree to anything until you are totally happy in your mind. Of course, training providers do have benefits, like technical support and exam passes?

If you were thinking of buying a car you could speak to people who had bought one already couldn't you? Don't be taken into this "there is only one place", "i can hold it for one day", "my boss can only give discount today" type of spiel.

Sleep on it, ask questions and if you are happy do it.

Hope you do what you feel is right. Whatever way you choose to study CF will always be here. :)

Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT
  3. iank

iank Bit Poster

Hi again, the way i see it is, NITLC advertise on this website and so monitor it. They were challanged for an open forum to give prospective students the chance to ask questions. still they have not come forward. the one thing that stopped me training with them is the fact that they refused to get back to me with an answer to a question. the only reason that i see no representative has come forward is because they are scared of the type of questions that might be asked.
    i am currently studying the A+ withe the myers manual the same one as you pay NITLC great wads of money for. so far i am finding it quite easy but i suppose its a case of seeing how i do in the exam, which is not to far away now.
    good luck what ever you decide to do, but remember even with the qualifications it will still be hard to get that first break into IT without experience. I am doing it because I love IT and if I finally get a job within it then its a bonus, but i am a realist. Please dont believe all the hype the rep gives you about how easy it is and the fantastic salaries you can earn. A realistic salary for a newbie around 12000 - 14000k

4. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

iank - do you have a specific agenda against NITLC here ? I'm sure you'll forgive me for asking, but it appears that you predominantly post in threads that relate to them, and you're feelings are fairly clear on where you stand. Obviously, we welcome freedom of opinion on the subject of training providers (and anything, for that matter), but we do have to maintain a certain impartiality as an independent board.

Please, if you have a specific issue with NITLC, then contact them - do not persistently criticise on here.

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  5. iank

iank Bit Poster

Hi I take on board your comments but if you look back at previous posts from me they relate to all kinds of things. i suppose i am posting more on NITLC now is the fact that all i see at the bottom of the forum is an advertisement for NITLC.

If they advertise then I know that they monitor the site and it just makes me wonder why they do not come forward for an open discussion.

You will also see from previous posts that i have addressed this before and asks reps from other companies to come forward.

I have no issues against NITLC or any other company, i am just trying to help others in there quest for good training

6. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

We do not take payment from any specific advertisers for adverts that may appear on our site. These appear as a result of the ad scheme that CertForums participates in, and as such, we have no way of knowing if and how these are monitored.

7. Dream_In_Infrared

Dream_In_Infrared Nibble Poster

You have 8 days which is plenty of time to find out as much as you need to reach your final decision. It IS a huge financial commitment but take time to chill about this, if possible, think clearly and glean as much information as you can from here, and wherever else, and weigh up the pros and cons. You have time on your side so use it well.

I have spoken to reps from Computeach, SkillsTrain, Cerco, NITLC and a few other places and they all spoke from virtually the same script. The NITLC rep referred to a neutral site The ODQLC The organisation is an independent, neutral body that is meant to oversee diatance learning provision and lay down guidelines and standards to help ensure fair play for would-be learners. Whether they are any good, I do not know, but it would not hurt to look into what they have to say.
    • standards
    • learners [and 'education at home' within that page
    • resources
    • contact the ODLQC and ask them about the NITLC

I cannot recall seeing posts by NITLC students which may mean there are few/none that use this site. I am sure NITLC will provide a message board for students at their web site.

You will need to do these no matter what you intend to do later on so even if you sign up to the 'long-haul-MCSA/MCSE option' you will still probably do the A+ and N+.

Hence my advice on a previous thread about saving your money to build your own PC, which will mean you have that to show for it at the end of the project and will have learned a lot on the way. You could buy your own books, software, even visual learning aids, and tailor it all to suit you. Sure, NITLC and training providers give advice and support, but, LOL, what does this place do? People are online here 24/7.

Try this site. It may provide basic information but it may be help to clarify and few things. HERE The "Questions to ask when choosing IT training" and "Online / distance learning study tips" may be of use to you.

As Boyce said, take time out then come back and keep asking questions. Raid the back catalogue of discussions about training providers, distance learning and self-study.

Good luck with your decision. You still have plenty of time to work this out until you are happy one way or the other. :D

Certifications: None :(
    WIP: A+
  8. AJ

AJ 01000001 01100100 01101101 01101001 01101110 Administrator

If you search hard enough you will find that a lot of the original members of CF are actually from NITLC. I think that as some of us are moderators we tend not to mention it in an effort to remain neutral for the benefit of the forums.

NITLC do provide a message forum for their students, which is accessed on their student web site.

Certifications: MCSE, MCSA (messaging), ITIL Foundation v3
    WIP: Breathing in and out, but not out and in, that's just wrong
  9. drum_dude

drum_dude Gigabyte Poster

Some haven't searched hard enough on this forum as I have posted some positve comments on NITLC! AJ and Gav know that I have too...

Coco, only u can make this decision! I went with NITLC cos of the workshops and support. The other reason is that I felt if I coughed up more it would make me study harder as opposed to the "Self Study" people of which some - on this forum too - have still to pass the A+. Money is a good motivator to most and the more you spend the more seriously you may take the course!

NITLC offer more then just MOC books, but those type of books are going to be part of the course no matter what you do! If you have a problem with the deal then speak to them via the phone - not email.

Iank, NITLC do provide one with the Myers book, but they also offer a 4-5 day A+ workshop which runs 9-5 each day. They also offer Learnkey materials and prep tests - these materials not only assist u in passing the exam but also perpare you alittle for the real world!

Certifications: MCP, MCSA 2000 , N+, A+ ,ITIL V2, MCTS, MCITP Lync 2010 & MCSA 2008, Sonus SATP SBC 1k/2k
    WIP: Hopefully Skype for Business and some Exchange stuff...
  10. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Let me clarify AJ's otherwise accurate statement - several Members, including Staff, are former students of NITLC - not employees. Despite that we do indeed mention this only when relevant to ensure we continue to display an impartial outlook to all providers.

11. AJ

AJ 01000001 01100100 01101101 01101001 01101110 Administrator

:oops: my bad thanks for clarifying that Gav

Certifications: MCSE, MCSA (messaging), ITIL Foundation v3
    WIP: Breathing in and out, but not out and in, that's just wrong
  12. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

Ok then, trying for more definative answer: Based on your experience with NITLC would you recommend them to others?

NB: most places I've ever done any type of training include that question in their feedback sheet, so you must have been asked it before.

:twisted:

13. drum_dude

drum_dude Gigabyte Poster

Yes! I would recommend them to others!

Certifications: MCP, MCSA 2000 , N+, A+ ,ITIL V2, MCTS, MCITP Lync 2010 & MCSA 2008, Sonus SATP SBC 1k/2k
    WIP: Hopefully Skype for Business and some Exchange stuff...
  14. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

There you go then cocoloco, a positive recommentation.

:biggrin

15. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Not me. I've barely heard of them. :tongue.

This board has moved beyond its original and tenuous connection with that training provider and Gav is right that we try to take an objective stance on all training vendors.

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  16. damienj3

damienj3 Byte Poster

I would also recommend NITLC. I have been with them for a year now. I've had a few personal set backs (Birth of first child, Work issues) but all have been sorted and NITLC put the course on hold until I had sorted myself out. They are also good for phone support. If the person on the phone didn't know the answer they got someone who did know to phone me back.

Certifications: mcse
    WIP: MCSE 2003