Nice CV mistake =D

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by Hello World, May 17, 2005.

1. Hello World

Hello World Nibble Poster

I spent about 4 hours the other night editing my CV, making it spaced nice, sorting out all the fonts so it was readable... trying to make it pleasing to the eye yet not overwhelming.

Then i sent it to everyone ... absolutly everyone i could think of... then the fun thing happens, i get an email from one person saying "ive been trying to contact you the last few days, apparently the mobile number you provided is incorrect".

Fun thing is ... i typed it out wrong, clever eh? I set up an auto replacer in my word prog (like, if you type "Progrma" it auto corrects to program) cause i kept getting the last number wrong ... i typed THAT part wrong, everything ive printed or edited in the last week has had its number changed to an incorrect one... clever eh?

I kept typing "123 123" when the number was like .. "123 132" every time, so i made the word program register "123 123" as a mistake, and auto replace with "123 123" ... i read the instructions wrong ... im clever lol.

WIP: CCNA 1, IT Essentials 1(A+)
  2. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

At least people are trying to reach you. Sounds like a good sign. 8)

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  3. Hello World

Good job i didnt put "Good eye for detail" in my CV.

4. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Your not a luck guy really, are you HW ? :blink

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  5. Hello World

Luck's got nothing to do with it, i just screw up a lot.

Its like people who say "ive been unemployed 35 years, its just bad luck"... my bad luck is due to the stupid stuff i do ... like leave big heavy books on slippery metal angled sides leading into a pool of filty water underneath an open window, in this case i shoulda payed more attention proof reading.

Hmm, at least i know my phone number ends in 521 now, and not 512.

6. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Phoenix 53656e696f7220 4d6f64

I once sent out a CV with an old mobile number on (i updated the CV, forgot the contact details had changed) not the smartest move, didnt realise till id had an email saying 'err tried to call you but couldnt get through' hehe

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, VCP
    WIP: > 0
  7. Hello World

Another one this morning, lol.

8. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

Sounds promising though with all the feedback. Good luck with the job hunt. :thumbleft

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  9. Hello World

Yeah, ive been going over my material just incase im asked to do some tests. (By that i mean ive been looking into a mirror saying "would you like fries with that sir?").