Newest SY0-301 exam

Discussion in 'Security+' started by fliquid, Jun 25, 2011.

1. fliquid

fliquid Nibble Poster

Would anyone happen to know if there would be any benefit in doing the newer Sec+ exam (SY0-301) as apposed to the SY0-201?

I was just looking on Professor Messer's website and saw the SY0-301 videos. Would I need to go through and compare the exam objectives to see if these videos could be used for the 201? Or should I assume that the newer stuff includes the older stuff + more...?

Thanks.

Certifications: MCDST, A+, N+, S+, ITIL v3F, 70-642
    WIP: CCENT
  2. JSH333

JSH333 Byte Poster

Is 201 still avaliable? Assuming it is, it must be retired sooner or later so 301 is less restricted by time. To be honest, unless you've been studying the 201 objectives for some time I can't see much reason not to go for 301

Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, MCP, MCDST
    WIP: MCSA
  3. JSH333

JSH333 Byte Poster

Customer Support Center

31st December 2011 is the 201 retirment date, so still plenty of time.

I still think going for the most updated exams makes sence however, unless as I said you've already studyed for 201, already have books for 201 etc...

Only other factor may be how much material is out at the moment for 301, being a new exam and all.

James

Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, MCP, MCDST
    WIP: MCSA
  4. fliquid

fliquid Nibble Poster

Thanks for the link.

I've already got some study materials for the Sec+ 201 exam, didn't really want to shell out again.

Guess I'll have to pull me socks up and get on it!

Certifications: MCDST, A+, N+, S+, ITIL v3F, 70-642
    WIP: CCENT