newbies

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by edvan, Sep 1, 2009.

1. edvan

edvan New Member

Hi all,

i am a newbies to this forum... :D

Good day to all...

I am planning to get certifications to become a network engineer.

Please give me some advice on which exam to take :D

CCNA, CCNP, MCSA, MCSE and?

Regards

2. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Welcome!

Depends on your experience level. If you've got real-world, hands-on, IT industry experience, you can pursue the CCNA, CCNP, MCSA, and/or MCSE. But if you don't yet work in IT, none of those will do you any good. In that case, you should pursue the A+, Network+, and MCDST.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  3. Obinna Osobalu

Obinna Osobalu Banned

Hello and welcome to the Forums!

-Obie

Certifications: MCITP:SA,MCTS(x5),MCSE2K3;MCSA2K3:M;MCP
    WIP: EDA7,70-652,Project+,MSP(70-632)
  4. Shinigami

Shinigami Megabyte Poster

Also, be careful to understand what 'level' each certification stands for.

For example, CCNP is a Professional type exam seen at a higher level than CCNA. And MCSE is the more thorough type certification compared to MCSA (i.e. you would first earn the MCSA, then you earn the MCSE after you pass a few more exams).

What exactly are you interested in however? Networking and Microsoft apps/OS's have a wide disparity between themselves, and trying to excel at both is not easy. If you're more of a Windows type of person, you should try the MCDST for sure to begin with. If you're more into networking, try the Network+ from Comptia, and so on as was mentioned by Boson.

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, MCDST, MOS, CIW, Comptia
    WIP: Win7/Lync2010/MCM