Newbie reading a book???

Discussion in 'CIW Certifications' started by tobo, Nov 5, 2008.

1. tobo

tobo Bit Poster

Hi

Im currently studying the CIW Web Design Managers course and am on Sec 1 Part B and wondred if any one else thought that it would be a lot more practical based. I seem to be just reading a book??? I have been doing the labs and watching the movies as required but still feels like I could have bought a book and and read that rather than convincing my boss to pay out for the course?

I have been activly creating sites for people for a couple of years and decided I wanted to learn the skills from the bottom up so that I had confidence in what I was putting out there. Also to improve my skills overall.
    I knew the foundations part would be alot of stuff I already knew and some I didn't but I had hoped to be activley doing stuff.:unsure

Just wondred if any one else had the same view and if it gets better once your past the foundations section??

Thanks! and Hello! look forward to picking all your brains in the comming months!!!!!!!:D

2. Obinna Osobalu

Obinna Osobalu Banned

Hello and welcome to cert forum. Am not really a web design guy so have not studied the CIW but since you are into it i suggest you try Joomla, might help with your web designs. cheers

Certifications: MCITP:SA,MCTS(x5),MCSE2K3;MCSA2K3:M;MCP
    WIP: EDA7,70-652,Project+,MSP(70-632)
  3. tobo

tobo Bit Poster

Thanks obinna I have heard of this before but never worked out how to use it.

Guess I'm the only one who is finding it hard reading the books ansd not creating stuff. Think I'll just keep my head down and stick it out.:blink

4. thecatsmother

thecatsmother Byte Poster

It gets a bit more hands-on later in the course. The early stuff gives you a good grounding, though, and the course has to be pitched at people starting from absolute basics.

WIP: CIW Website Design Manager