Newbie here!

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by barrixrock, Jul 6, 2011.

1. barrixrock

barrixrock Bit Poster

I am glad I found this site.
    I recently dropped out of university.

I was hoping I get some advice on doing a course for IT Career.
    I am good with playing hardware stuff. Already have made few pcs on my own at home..

I went to 360 GSP yesterday. The lady over told me. I don't have to do A+ since I already that knowledge.

She told me to do a package with " VMware, MCITP, Cisco CCNA" for 7 months with job guarantee!
    Price was £5500 + £2000(after the job is placed) = £7500

Is the price fair or too expensive? I really have no clue which one to go for studying? She will call me tomorrow to join or not?

Really sorry if this is wrong section to ask about?
    I hope anyone is willing to help newbie like me!

Thanks

Last edited: Jul 6, 2011
    Certifications: A+, MS 70-680
    WIP: MS 70-640
  2. Apexes

Apexes Gigabyte Poster

Don't even answer her call

You will never walk into a job with VM, MCITP, and CCNA without prior experience, it just doesn't happen, and you certainly can't learn all of those courses in 7 months, without any experience in a corporate environment.

Your best bet is to self study, starting WITH the A+ - get an entry level job and work your way up.

EDIT: also don't look at courses on par with these guys, £7,500 for a course? not a chance, they're ripping you off.

Self studying all 3 of those courses would cost you no more than £1000, maybe even less

also looking on their site at the infrastructure they use, and i guess train you on - they have a 13 year old Nokia firewall & the cisco switches in the rack are years out of date.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2011
    Certifications: 70-243 MCTS: ConfigMgr 2012 | MCSE: Private Cloud
  3. barrixrock

barrixrock Bit Poster

Understood! Apexes...

any idea where I might do entry level jobs

4. Apexes

Apexes Gigabyte Poster

Anywhere with a large user base.

Big corporate companies with several offices usually have local IT support on site to support users, that sort of enviornment.

entry level roles for people without experience are few and far between but if you get on with the studying, just apply to anywhere you can

Certifications: 70-243 MCTS: ConfigMgr 2012 | MCSE: Private Cloud
  5. barrixrock

barrixrock Bit Poster

I better start looking for book for A+
    Any suggestion for good one