Newbie Alert

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by dodo123, Jun 16, 2009.

1. dodo123

dodo123 New Member

Hi all,

Just found this forum by chance as today I passed the Technician part of the A+ Certification Yey me!

I have been wanting to get an IT Job since I was 18 and have not been able to get my foot in the door of a company that would help me till now.

The company I am in is ok but they have been paying for my training which is great.

Right so my question to you all what next?

I have been told that if I do two more comptia tests i would get an MCP is this right?

Cheers

Certifications: A+ Essentials & Technician
    WIP: I think Network +
  2. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Welcome!

Congrats!

Obviously, you need to pass the other half of the A+ certification, if you haven't done so already. Afterwards, you should probably do the Network+.

That is incorrect. The A+ and Network+ together will give you one elective credit towards the MCSA certification, but they will not give you the MCP certification. Only passing a Microsoft exam will get you the MCP certification.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  3. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

what he said^

Just to clarify you need to pass two exams to get the A+ one is called 220-601 essentials and then you do one on the others most people do IT Technican 220-602.

To get an MCP you need to pass one Microsoft exam such as the 70-271 which is half of the MCDST certification.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  4. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

Hi and welcome to the forum. :biggrin

What they ^^ said. :biggrin

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685