New upgrades

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by noelg24, Mar 2, 2006.

1. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

Ok people, at last it has been done. I have won an AMD X2 4400CPU on eBay today...here is the winning item, and as u can see it was under £150, which I am so happy about since AMD reduced the prices on these bad boys. And what makes it more special is that AMD are no longer making the 4400 CPUs otherwise I would have gone for the 4200 or the 4600 but they both have 512K of L2 cache as to where the 4400 has 1MB of L2 cache per Core. So it wont be paid for until late next week as I get paid on Thursday 31st (right bummber eh!! :dry) and I should have it the week after that...so I shall hope to be sitting pretty on a 64-bit Dual Core machine running about 4 to 5 different versions of Windows including Vista...altho everything is complete, I do need a new sound card but that can wait, I do now have a 200GB HDD IDE, so along with my current 80GB and my 250GB SATA, thats 530GB of HDD to play with...oooh I am sooo pleased its like Xmas has come all at once for me...:biggrin

Certifications: A+
    WIP: my life
  2. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

Yep thats right my machine is now a fully fledged 64bit dual core machine...am so pleased its like Xmas came early for me...:biggrin...to see the full spec check my sig...

3. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

Well its been done...still not fully completed, but some of u may have noticed my sig now contains a new case and a new PSU...the case is the Antec Nine Hundred just released over a week ago...its got some huge fans inside it but its quiet due to the controlled fan speeds...so I have set them to low. The PSU is a Hiper Type-M 580W. But I think I will be getting the Type-R blue modular 580W one soon. So all I need to get now is two more 19" LCDs, new sound card, new speakers, another X1300XT graphics card, another 2GB RAM, a 500GB HDD and then I am fully sorted with this machine until the next BIG upgrade (whenever that is!!) hehe...