New to the board taking exam october 13th

Discussion in 'A+' started by sakuraba1982, Sep 30, 2006.

1. sakuraba1982

sakuraba1982 Nibble Poster

Hi there everyone

I started with skills train Almost a year ago (Yeah i know they aint too great!!!) After 9 months i decided to get some additional study stuff including the CBT nuggets videos and mike meyers A+ passport,

I am taking to hardware section to the A+ exams and look to take the software say 2 months after around christmas. I have been studying for a long time and just need to pull things together,

I have been doing the practice exams and they all have a high pass rate compared to the exam (I believe the pass rate in the UK is 515 am i correct)

I am worried about the exam as it cost a bomb and i don't really want to have to fork out all that money again!!

Any tips people ???

Certifications: A+ N+ MCSA 2003
  2. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

to be honest I know exactly what you are talking about, I had to pay a lot to get my a+ but you know something you are investing in your self, not someone else and if you know that you really like this field why not do it, and a+ alot of people do it, its a good entry level cert

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA
  3. sakuraba1982

sakuraba1982 Nibble Poster

yeah i defo agree its worth it the only worry is that i can't really afford to fail i am doing a gap job n money is tight

after i will go on to take the network + exam ( I was nearly ready to take it but thought i had better get my A+ first so a couple of months more on N+ afterwards)

PS to anyone who has passed the exam how is finding work with not alot of hands on experience???

Certifications: A+ N+ MCSA 2003