New to IT support - need advice on training courses

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by psybience, Aug 26, 2011.

1. burtonbma

burtonbma New Member

do not go through with it, **********, i'm already out of money because of this company, i went to the interview and they promised me a job if i completed the course, turns out there was no job at the end, they also put my payments on hold till " they found me employment, a few months passed then there demanding the rest of the money, all of the stuff you learn on this course could simply be google searched, complete rubbish and waste of money.

Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2012
  2. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

I hate being right all the time...

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
    Boffy and burtonbma like this.
  3. sybia

sybia New Member

Hi ...just want to confirm... did they gave you a job or not??? Please reply .. if yes... did they offered you same pay what they promised?

4. barrymat

barrymat New Member

I'm actually going through my CompuTIA A+ course through REED again not the cheapest but do know people that have landed entry level jobs through REED in the past, really enjoying the course too as it goes, but have never heard of echo IT before

5. dfqwe1

dfqwe1 New Member

Same issue, after alot of fretting and attempts to get in touch their customer service dept got in touch to explain their position and the circumstance of the job offer. They gave me a job or money back guarantee in writing so im just waiting on the expiry of said agreement. Hope you got sorted in the end.

6. Richie- D

Richie- D New Member

<<<--- defamatory comments removed --->>>

i went for a job interview there 3 months ago and they told me i got the job but i need to pass the A+ first and pay £750 upfront!!
    iv been unemployed for 9 months now and this was my last bit of saving and they got it out of me. i past the A+ in 3 weeks studied day and night and now its 9 weeks they don't return my call they keep telling me to hold on or the person is off sick.
    and there's others and a guy who passed his exam 6 month ago and still nothing and be paid £1500!
    apparently there's a guy named sunny and the building that there in they only have one small room!

i want my money back and i don't know what to do??

thanks for reading

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 30, 2012
  7. dfqwe1

dfqwe1 New Member

Sunny is allegedly the head of customer services, he rang me to explain that they were having issues training everyone and the contract/s were suspended as a result. Have you had any contact at all from them?

8. Bumblebee07

Bumblebee07 New Member

hmmm to be honest ive gone with this company (along with other company's) for training purposes but this was about 6 months ago. I did have difficulty contacting certain people along the way regarding the placements etc, however eventually they managed to get me an IT position. I had dealt with Sunny in the earlier stages however apparently he know longer works here????

9. dfqwe1

dfqwe1 New Member

Oh right, spoke to him this week via email, hope he still works there, hes the only one to reply!

10. FlashDangerpants

FlashDangerpants Byte Poster

I expect they draw straws every morning to decide who has to be Sunny for the day.

Certifications: MCITP Exchange 2010, MCSA Svr 2012
    WIP: Exchange 2013
  11. iulya1989

iulya1989 New Member

Hi, same situation here, with my husband. Can you please tell me in more detail how you managed to get that "money back guarantee in writing"?
    PS: the only one that has answered my husbands emails has been a guy Joe Healy, any one had any contact with him?
    And last night they replyed that they are changing the VoIP and that is why there has been no answer, but this was from student support not signed by anyone in particular and certainly not Joe Healy.

12. happyhysterical

happyhysterical New Member

I fell for this too, i did all the course material, and starting asking questions about the exam,
    days it took for them to reply and even then they just palmed me off saying i hadn't asked enough questions ?!?

long story short, i started getting a bit irate by the emails, Joe Healy stopped replying, i got summat about if i withdraw ill be refered to legal and that was about the last i heard of it.

They are no longer in the building in Birmingham, they left about 3 months ago according to the reception desk.

You'd think they'd check out companies before letting them advertise on jobsites.

13. Bumblebee07

Bumblebee07 New Member

I havent been in contact with them for a bit, however i know they have a London based office too??? try contacting that one. Their Bham branch may have just closed.

14. com vain

com vain New Member

hey how you doing i read your message, sad to hear that, the same think has recently happened to me with this company echo IT and they have run off with my money i live in west midlands wolverhampton just wanted to ask you a few questions about these guys if thats ok

15. com vain

com vain New Member

do you have sunny email address really need to get in contact with them thanks

16. Sasuke

Sasuke New Member

Hi All,

Same boat as some of the members on here, I too have been stung by this company. ************ I am in the process of suing the company due to breach of contract amongst other serious issues.

It's a long story but I am happy to provide anyone with a copy of the email correspondence I have been sending Joe Healy in regards to this whole situation. If we band together we could seriously out these ****** and get our money back and save anyone the inconvenience of wasting their time with Echo again.

I received a threating letter from Echo dated 07/11/2012 which still states they are based in the Birmingham building so if you’re being told otherwise you've been lied to. Again I am happy to provide you with a copy so you can wave it in front of receptions face.

I'm sorry to all that are having a rough time with these people and I do share your anger but they won't get away with it.

Take care and stay positive :)

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 10, 2012
  17. happyhysterical

i recieved a letter today demanding money. and they want it by standing order. if that isn't dodgy enough they provide no form of contact anywhere.

is anyone else gonna pay them or are you guys ignoring it

18. com vain

com vain New Member

Hey happyhysterical im not paying a penny, we all need to get onto these guys,shut them down and get are money back

19. happyhysterical

I've been onto citizen advice beauro (excuse the spelling) they wouldn't help me for free cause I'm not on benefits, they put me through to a law firm who didn't even deal with this kind of issue, they put me through to a financial ombudsman who said the company isn't registered to an address in Birmingham that proves they aren't still based there.

They told me to get in touch with trading standards but they were closed by the time i finished the other calls.

There's definitely something not right here. Did They offer you a job at the Birmingham office too?

20. com vain

com vain New Member

Hey happy yeah they offered me a job too had interview with joe healy i got in touch with trading standards they told me to write letter to the place where we had interview

- - - Updated - - -

Going out to all its time we deal with this im throwing it out that we should all meet up many if us have tried various things tranding standards ect we should meet up and discuss the next step of action reply if u r interested.