New profile with .domain after it!?

Discussion in 'Software' started by dales, Mar 26, 2007.

1. dales

dales Terabyte Poster

Hi all,

I've got a computer in a domain at work that with a specific user has created a new profile called USERNAME.DOMAIN . Im assuming that this is because there is something wrong with the original profile and whilst I can easily delete the profile and recreate it curiosity wonders what this problem actually is or at least common causes for it.

Certifications: vExpert 2014+2015+2016,VCP-DT,CCE-V, CCE-AD, CCP-AD, CCEE, CCAA XenApp, CCA Netscaler, XenApp 6.5, XenDesktop 5 & Xenserver 6,VCP3+5,VTSP,MCSA MCDST MCP A+ ITIL F
    WIP: Nothing
  2. Stoney

Stoney Megabyte Poster

You would normally get the .domain prefix if an account already exists on that machine for the username.

Could be that the account username is a local account and the username.domain is the same users account but using their domain login?

Certifications: 25 + 50 metre front crawl
    WIP: MCSA - Exam 70-270
  3. dales

dales Terabyte Poster

Hi,

thanks for the reply but that unfortunatly isnt it, there arnt any local accounts (apart from the administrator account). I was assuming that it might be something corrupted in the profile that would cause this to happen on one specific terminal. the account does already exist and user has been using it happily for quite some time but when she logged on today it created a new profile on the machine called USERNAME.DOMAIN instead of just USERNAME.

Certifications: vExpert 2014+2015+2016,VCP-DT,CCE-V, CCE-AD, CCP-AD, CCEE, CCAA XenApp, CCA Netscaler, XenApp 6.5, XenDesktop 5 & Xenserver 6,VCP3+5,VTSP,MCSA MCDST MCP A+ ITIL F
  4. Stoney

Stoney Megabyte Poster

Hmmm, are you using roaming profiles?

Certifications: 25 + 50 metre front crawl
    WIP: MCSA - Exam 70-270
  5. dales

dales Terabyte Poster

Nope not using roaming profiles. Think i'll wait for the log to come back to see what the ivory towers say, i'll post resoultion and then we'll all know!