New Person, New Career Path :)

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by Shadi, Jun 2, 2015.

1. Shadi

Shadi New Member

Hello everyone, my name's Shadi and I'm 24(well, 25 in a month). I studied IT engineering back in Iran and I graduated in 2012. I was an English teacher for almost 10 years in Iran and Turkey but since I studied IT and I like it, I really want to start working in this field. I am very new to the US I used to live in Turkey and then I married my husband, who is American and now we are planning to move to the US in almost a year from now. I have a good 3-4 of time to prepare myself and that's why I am here, to seek help and ask questions from people who have already been where I am now and know how to help a woman who is totally lost in here!

2. Juelz

Juelz Gigabyte Poster

Hello!

Not sure if there are many Americans here tbh.. what area of IT are you interested in? I cant offer much advice but alot of people start with the Comptia A+ certificate which apparently is well recognised in America.. the path you choose depends on where you want to go. Some of the more experienced members may be able to help you.

Welcome to CertForums!

3. SimonV
    Honorary Member

SimonV Petabyte Poster Gold Member

Welcome to CertForums, good to see a female amongst the ranks.

Certifications: MOS Master 2003, CompTIA A+, MCSA:M, MCSE
    WIP: Keeping CF Alive...
  4. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

Welcome, like Juelz mentioned there aren't too many Americans on the site but we will certainly help where we can.

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA
  5. dmarsh
    Honorary Member 500 Likes Award

dmarsh Petabyte Poster

Lot of the american contingent seem to have left, possibly to other sites, or maybe they no longer interested in certs.