New Notebook needed

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by david_mcg, Oct 7, 2010.

1. david_mcg

david_mcg Bit Poster

Hi Guys,

Looking to buy a new notebook pc for my Mum after her last one konked out (her words not mine). I cant troubleshoot it as its over in Spain but looking to take her a replacement this half term as a birthday gift. All she needs to be able to do is use the internet and edit word documents which i guess she could do in google.

Anyway just wondered if anyone has come across a good quality low cost notebook as am on the regular IT wage at the moment.

Thanks Guys :p

Certifications: A+
    WIP: N+, MVA 79
  2. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

We've started to buy in the eMachine Netbooks in for staff at our place. They are rebranded Acers, and so far they appear to be better than a few other Netbooks that we've bought in (with the exception of the Dell one, which is alot more expensive).

However if you can, I'd say go for the dual core ones (see here from an example). We've got a couple of dual core Atom PC's and they are alot more responsive than the single core ones. But then again, it does bump up the price.

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security