New Job! Woohoo

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by TekGlitch, Sep 18, 2016.

1. TekGlitch

TekGlitch Bit Poster

Well I was successful in securing a new job last week which I applied for on a whim. I've been working in "IT" for 3 months coming from a telecommunications support background and finally landed something that sounds interesting.

My first 3 months was spent as a 1st line help desk analyst supporting a big food concessions business with over 500 units in the UK, but also supporting the global operation in numerous countries. As much as it was tough and I was on a rota I can honestly come away saying I learnt an awful lot on that desk, not just IT wise but also the ability to talk to people from all walks of life!

I was told that I was listed to be promoted to 2nd line as I had showed understanding of the systems really quickly (with minimal training), so even though I doubted myself numerous times in that 3 months, I must have been doing something right :-)

In my new job I will be an IT Technician so a bit more hands on supporting over 5 sites. I'm really looking forward to it. The team appear to be great and they were really positive through the whole interview process. Supporting numerous systems, NAV, EDI, SQL, Thin clients, general hardware etc. I'm really looking forward to gaining more experience in the technologies and building myself up.

They bonus of it all is that it's more money, better hours (no weekends, unless overtime) and i can walk to work :-) My advice to anyone is apply for any job that looks interesting to you. Be yourself, show initiative and you never know.... you may just land the role!

2. JK2447
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

JK2447 Petabyte Poster Administrator Premium Member

congratulations

Certifications: VCP4, 5, 6, 6.5, 6.7, 7, 8, VCAP DCV Design, VMConAWS Skill, Google Cloud Digital Leader, BSc (Hons), HND IT, HND Computing, ITIL-F, MBCS CITP, MCP (270,290,291,293,294,298,299,410,411,412) MCTS (401,620,624,652) MCSA:Security, MCSE: Security, Security+, CPTS, CCA (XenApp6.5), MCSA 2012, VSP, VTSP
    WIP: Google Cloud Certs
  3. Apexes

Apexes Gigabyte Poster

Congrats fella, sounds like you're onto a winner

Certifications: 70-243 MCTS: ConfigMgr 2012 | MCSE: Private Cloud