New Job - Third Line Whoop Whoop!

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by craigie, May 29, 2009.

1. onoski

onoski Terabyte Poster

Well done and congrats:), you definately a man on a mission. Thumbs up:thumbleft

Certifications: MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003 Messaging, MCP, HNC BIT, ITIL Fdn V3, SDI Fdn, VCP 4 & VCP 5
    WIP: MCTS:70-236, PowerShell
  2. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

that's awesome news, well done! Keep us posted! :D

Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT
  3. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Congrats mate, let us know how you get on. :biggrin

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  4. craigie

craigie Terabyte Poster

Thanks everyone.

I have a massive amount to learn in this new role. The thing I'm most pleased about is someone willing to take a chance on me and invest in training, especially in this economic climate.

Certifications: CCA | CCENT | CCNA | CCNA:S | HP APC | HP ASE | ITILv3 | MCP | MCDST | MCITP: EA | MCTS:Vista | MCTS:Exch '07 | MCSA 2003 | MCSA:M 2003 | MCSA 2008 | MCSE | VCP5-DT | VCP4-DCV | VCP5-DCV | VCAP5-DCA | VCAP5-DCD | VMTSP | VTSP 4 | VTSP 5
  5. onoski

onoski Terabyte Poster

Very true, but you deserve it and know you'd give it your best shot. Best wishes and keep us posted on how you get on:)

Certifications: MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003 Messaging, MCP, HNC BIT, ITIL Fdn V3, SDI Fdn, VCP 4 & VCP 5
    WIP: MCTS:70-236, PowerShell
  6. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

That was me 3-4 years ago and it worked out fine for me. There is no reason why it can't work out for you, Im sure you will do just fine mate :thumbleft

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  7. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Major congrats Craigie, you have done really well, in a very short time span. An inspiration to everyone!! 8)

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  8. DMC118

DMC118 Bit Poster

Congratulation !! May God bless you in all aspects of your Life !!

Certifications: HSC,DCA,DCITE,A+,N+,CCNA
    WIP: CCNP & MCSE
  9. Gingerdave

Gingerdave Megabyte Poster

That's really good news - I'm really pleased for you. Well done!

Certifications: A+,MCP, MCDST, VCP5 /VCP-DV 5, MCTS AD+ Net Inf 2008, MCSA 2008
    WIP: MCSA 2012
  10. Arroryn

Arroryn we're all dooooooomed Moderator

It has all already been said, but going to add my voice anyway - superb stuff Craigie. You've studied like a madman to get where you are, and it really is inspirational stuff. Your study reviews for the exams you have done are fantastic, and I look forward to reading your "journey" this year :)

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, 70-410, 70-411
    WIP: Modern Languages BA
  11. VantageIsle

VantageIsle Kilobyte Poster

Well done fella, you deserve it. :biggrin

Looks like all that hard work is paying dividends. Looking forward to reading your roadmap.

As mentioned above, your study guides are top notch and your study method is an inspiration to all of us who want to get on.

Good luck in your new role.

Certifications: A+, ITIL V3, MCSA, MCITP:EST, CCENT, 70-432-SQL, 70-401 SCCM
    WIP: MCSA upgrade MCITP:SA then EA
  12. Elhaj

Elhaj Nibble Poster

congrats for the new role.
    sorry if I have been stupid, did you mistype FIRST year with something else? your creds shows MCSE and others? i would love to learn from you how you done it?:dry

Certifications: Bsc Economics, MCDST
    WIP: what's the point?
  13. DC Pr0Mo

DC Pr0Mo Kilobyte Poster

Major Congrats bud, You deserve it.

:D

Certifications: MCDST | BSc Network Computing | 365 Fundamentals
  14. Arroryn

Arroryn we're all dooooooomed Moderator

No need for the grump emoticon - Craigie has been quite open about his 2 hour a night every night study methods, home labs, and being able to study at work. Do a search on some of his posts - they make interesting reading.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, 70-410, 70-411
    WIP: Modern Languages BA
  15. Elhaj

Elhaj Nibble Poster

sorry I put the wrong icon, didnt mean to be grumpy. I was impressed hearing he done all that in 1 year. I would defintely read his posts. hard work does pay off then. well done

Certifications: Bsc Economics, MCDST
    WIP: what's the point?
  16. Asterix

Asterix Megabyte Poster

Well done Craigie!
    Did you start with a 1st line support role?
    It Looks like you have heavely certified within the last year and put yourself in a great position which completely contradicts many opinions on CF, which advise to avoid over-Certification with only short periods of experience.
    just wanted to get some feedback on your route to date 8) (and eagerly awaiting your journey overview)

17. Asterix

Asterix Megabyte Poster

Duplicate, sorry!

18. madskillz

madskillz Nibble Poster

Well done Craigie....you must have really impressed in the interview process to land that one with such a short time in IT...hope your year continues on the upward curve.

All the best,

Madskillz

Certifications: MCSA, MCDST, ITIL v3 F
    WIP: 70-293
  19. Modey

Modey Terabyte Poster

I can't comment on Craige's position as I don't know what his experience is, but the advice still holds true for the vast majority. Over certification for your experience level is a bad thing, not a good thing.

Congrats btw matey, sounds like a great opportunity.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCP, MCDST, MCSA 2K3, MCTS, MOS, MTA, MCT, MCITP:EDST7, MCSA W7, Citrix CCA, ITIL Foundation
    WIP: Nada
  20. dazza786

dazza786 Megabyte Poster

you not heard of the new 'interview braindumps' ? :p:rolleyes:

Certifications: MCP (271, 272, 270, 290, 291, 621, 681, 685), MCDST, MCTS, MCITP, MCSA, Security+, CCA(XA6.5)