New Guy in need of advice?!

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by cragd, May 25, 2004.

1. cragd

cragd New Member

Hi everyone, first of all may i say that this forum is excellent, everyone seems very friendly and the help and advice i have read so far is all great.

I am seeing a course advisor from NITLC tomorrow and am really looking forward to starting my course and starting my journey to a career in IT.

I have always been into computers and since graduating from uni with a Maths Degree i have learnt a lot from working and the internet.

I was just wondering what people thought of NITLC and should i be starting with A+, N+ etc.

2. SimonV
    Honorary Member

SimonV Petabyte Poster Gold Member

These previous threads may help you a little Craig.

http://www.certforums.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=597&highlight=nitlc
    http://www.certforums.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=728&highlight=nitlc

Sorry I cant help more but my time is limited today, I'm sure some of the others will be more that happy to help you out.

Certifications: MOS Master 2003, CompTIA A+, MCSA:M, MCSE
    WIP: Keeping CF Alive...
  3. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Hi Craig. To expand on what Si has said and respond to part of your query; yes, the A+ and Network+ certs are an excellent place to start. Really, computer hardware, operating systems, and network services understanding starts with those two certs. From there, you can branch out in quite a number of directions including Microsoft and Cisco certifications among others. MS includes some CompTIA (A+, Network+, Server+, etc...) certs as electives for their cert paths and Cisco includes some Network+ material in their CCNA course work (or at least they did when I got my CCNA).

I can't comment on NITLC since I've never been involved with them but I understand a number of other forum members here have. I'm sure they can give you the lowdown on them (for good and for ill). Be patient. They'll be along shortly.

Welcome to the forums, Craig. Glad you like it here. Feel free to ask whatever and hopefully, we'll be able to help.

Certifications: A+ and Network+