New from the UK

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by PaulieG, Apr 7, 2009.

1. PaulieG

PaulieG New Member

Hi Everyone,

I have just registered with certforum as I hope to be joining the IT industry in the next few years. My name is Paul and I have been in the British Army for the last 20 years. Later this year I start my first IT course, MCSA. I hope to gain certification sometime next year. I then look to qualify in other areas of network engineering and will be looking for the advice of some of you on this here forum. Thats all for now and I look forward to chatting to some of you.

Paul.:biggrin

Certifications: Non
    WIP: MCSA
  2. swatto

swatto Byte Poster

Welcome to CF PaulieG :D

May I recommend you start with the A+ Certification if you are new to the world of I.T before starting the MCSA as this will solidify concepts and give you a good grounding that will make more advanced certifications easier to understand.

Certifications: BTEC Nat Dip: Software Dev, A+
    WIP: None Yet
  3. Metalstar

Metalstar Kilobyte Poster

Agreed with Swatto.

Hello and Welcome to CF!

Certifications: A+
    WIP: Network+
  4. JK2447
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

JK2447 Petabyte Poster Administrator Premium Member

Top Poster
    of the Month

Yeah CompTIA A+ followed by N+will put you in better stead for further IT study and ensure you don't know the complicated stuff but get made a fool of for not knowing something basic, if that makes sense. I'm working my way through my MCSA now and its very tough in parts and I've worked in IT for 10 years!

Certifications: VCP4, 5, 6, 6.5, 6.7, 7, 8, VCAP DCV Design, VMConAWS Skill, Google Cloud Digital Leader, BSc (Hons), HND IT, HND Computing, ITIL-F, MBCS CITP, MCP (270,290,291,293,294,298,299,410,411,412) MCTS (401,620,624,652) MCSA:Security, MCSE: Security, Security+, CPTS, CCA (XenApp6.5), MCSA 2012, VSP, VTSP
    WIP: Google Cloud Certs
  5. Pheonicks56

Pheonicks56 Kilobyte Poster

Howdy and welcome to CF!

Certifications: BSIT, AAIT, A+
    WIP: Network+
  6. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Welcome!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  7. Notes_Bloke

Notes_Bloke Terabyte Poster

Hi & welcome to CF:D

NB

Certifications: 70-210, 70-215, A+,N+, Security+
    WIP: MCSA
  8. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Hi & welcome to CF :)

-ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security