New computer!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by AArcher, Sep 26, 2008.

1. AArcher

AArcher Nibble Poster

Hey all

I thought tonight I would put you all to the test !

Now im looking to get a new PC or laptop ..... I have thought about various options. I have a budget of maybe up to £1000 but wish to keep it down maybe even a cheap 300 quid computer not sure.....
    Right my situation is I still live with parents so using their Dell PC have an old router im going to have to replace for a wireless network.
    Now have thought about laptop as I have no desk in my room and could be handy but also wouldn't mind building my own PC again .... Wheres a good place to buy and is Mesh Computers any good ?

Cheers all
    Ali

p.s. im looking forward to the weird and informative answers!!!!!

Certifications: None
    WIP: CompTIA 2006 A+
  2. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

I would say take a look at Acer laptops, if you want to go down the route of a laptop. A few years ago, I would not have even considered Acers due to the amount of problems we've had with them at work. However they have really improved with their Gemstone range, in particular either the 6920 or the 8920 range. If you can wait a month or two they will be releasing the 6930 & the 8930 range (better graphic's card). See here.

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  3. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

The graphics are normally pretty lousy on laptops.. i would go desktop every time.. you get more grunt for your money and the usability is far better. Only buy a laptop if you have a NEED to be mobile.

Weird answer.. why do you want a computer anyway, they are a complete waste of time and money. you could use that money to buy something nice for the wife or GF :lolbang

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  4. Johnd76

Johnd76 Megabyte Poster

You dont want to go spending that type of money on your wife or gf! that is a preposterous idea :D

Certifications: MCP, MCDST
    WIP: Not a thing