Netwrok+ versus ICND1

Discussion in 'CCENT / CCNA' started by Akintayoo, Dec 14, 2018.

1. Akintayoo

Akintayoo Bit Poster

I am new to IT and I currently have IT Fundamentals. I plan taking the A+ anytime soon and then move on to Network+. However, a friend advised me to go the Cisco route starting from ICND1. In the part of Europe where I live, Helpdesk jobs don't usually mention Comptia A+, but Network + and above. I have seen a few advert asking for CCNA (not ICND).
    Aside the possibility for job, would you say the knowledge gained studying only ICND1(not ICND2) is more than what I'll gain studying Network+?

2. kritesh anand

kritesh anand New Member

If you are new in the field of IT and wants to enhance your skills and having an interest in CCNA Cisco then i will suggest you to join CCNA Training Course In Delhi

3. kritesh anand

kritesh anand New Member

If you are new in the field of IT and wants to enhance your skills and having an interest in CCNA Cisco then i will suggest you to join CCNA Training Course In Delhi

4. zxspectrum

zxspectrum Terabyte Poster Forum Leader Gold Member

Having certificates will not get you a job. You will need to start at the bottom and work your way up. If you did the CCNA no one will employ you on that basis and say heres 60 a year, oh and please redesign my network. Start off on a helpdesk role and then progress your way up but carry on with doing certifications as these will back up your experience when you are ready to move on.

As for training if you look in the right places you can find anything, I mean if you look on you tube and type in professer messer, he has some cracking videos all for free.

In the long run it depends what you want to do

Ed

Certifications: BSc computing and information systems
    WIP: 70-680