Network + Starting point.

Discussion in 'Network+' started by JacksmithxD, Oct 19, 2009.

1. JacksmithxD

JacksmithxD New Member

So basically. I have to do Network+ in just one week. Very few in the academy i attend will probley do so, as there's far to much infomation to take in. (apparently)

So heres my problem. I want to be able to accuire my Network+ Cert but the time to do so is to short and i'm weak at Networking. I'm seeking advice on what to do to study for it. I haven't looked into great depth yet and have no idea what the actual N+ questions will contain so any heads up will be great. (I'm not refering to the actual questions, just what the N+ covers)

Oh and any Study Books, Sites and so forth which may help me are greatly appricated too. :D

Thanks in advance. :twisted::rolleyes:

2. GiddyG

GiddyG Terabyte Poster Gold Member

Why do you have to do it in one week, when no on else in your academy has to do so?

If you do not know networking, then you're not going to learn it in a week.

Suggest you discuss with your tutor, who should realise that it is not possible.

3. sameoldsong09

sameoldsong09 New Member

Jack? :eek:

Certifications: CompTIA A+ (601 + 602)
    WIP: CompTIA Network+ and others
  4. Chrissy

Chrissy New Member

3 and a half days is all i'm saying.

Certifications: A+
    WIP: MCDST, Network+
  5. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

I'm sorry, but learning the Network+ within a week to take the exam then and there, especially with no experience or prior knowledge. You're going to really struggle, subnetting/supernetting are two of the most complicated subjects in my opinion.

As for what the Network+ covers: See here.

Learning to pass the exam is not the same as learning the material.

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  6. miflandia

miflandia Byte Poster

1 week was not enough to find out, what study materials i want to use and where i going to buy them........:oops:

Certifications: Comptia A+
    WIP: Comptia N+
  7. loca1hero

loca1hero Byte Poster

Agree with the above, one week is not enough :noway for actually learning and understanding the concepts unless your only looking to pass the exam and add the cert on to your name :wink:

Certifications: Network+ (004), MCP, see signature
    WIP: MCITP & few oths.Cisco aft sum XPri