Network+ or CCNA

Discussion in 'Network+' started by majere880, Apr 13, 2010.

1. majere880

majere880 New Member

Which certification would be more valuable for finding an entry level networking job?

2. gosh1976

gosh1976 Kilobyte Poster

Well network+ is the entry level exam. If you are looking for a place to start then a good place to start is the A+ and then the network+. I'll let one of the others explain why CCNA and entry level don't go together and could do more harm than good in landing an entry level job.

Certifications: A+, Net+, MCDST, CCENT, MCTS: Win 7 Configuring, CCNA
  3. cobirad

cobirad Bit Poster

Network+ is the first exam you should take if u don't have any idea of networking,and after that u further into CCNA. so u can have a good foundation. If the foundation is not solid, am sorry the building cant to strong. so build a good foundation first.

4. SuPaStA

SuPaStA Nibble Poster

Dont expect getting a real networking job with a Network+ but it is a good first stepping stone into networking.I myself first did Network+ and it helped me understand the fundamentals before starting my CCNA.

Certifications: CCNA,MCSE,ITIL,Server+,Security+,N+...
    WIP: CCNP
  5. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

The CCNA is not an entry level cert, that in itself should tell you that the N+ is the right one to go for.

Another bit of advice, rather than just concentrating on the N+ can I suggest you actually spend time in a 1st line support role, getting experience of supporting users and the OS because no one with just an N+ is going to be allowed any where near any networking hardware, you're more likely to move up into that role from a 2nd line role.

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA