Network + certification

Discussion in 'Network+' started by Infinity, Jul 14, 2007.

1. Infinity

Infinity New Member

I am new to this forum and have some questions? I found out that compTIA will be retiring this exam by December 1 2007. I was wondering how difficult the N10-003 test is and what is some good studying material. I have been using a program called ‘TestOut Navigator’.

Thankz,
    Adam

WIP: Network +
  2. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Where did you get that information from? I haven't seen anything from CompTIA regarding that... got a link?

I can't tell you how difficult it will be for you... it's easy for me because I've got years of experience with networks. It'd be extremely difficult for my sister because she barely knows how to use a computer. I'd guess you'd be somewhere in the middle. :)

I typically recommend the Network+ Study Guide by Sybex.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  3. Infinity

Infinity New Member

I couldn’t find the site where I saw it, but I am going to send an email to compTIA to find out if that is a rumor or not.

4. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

Welcome to the forums.

I agree with Michael on this one. It really depends on where you are with knowledge and experience.

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA
  5. VantageIsle

VantageIsle Kilobyte Poster

WHAT!!!! Retiring this exam by 2007, I hope not I just spent £40 on books for this exam.

I ordered this CompTIA-Network Certification-Kit

Its 3 sybex books. Only on the first chapter of one of the books at present but It all looks good so far.

Certifications: A+, ITIL V3, MCSA, MCITP:EST, CCENT, 70-432-SQL, 70-401 SCCM
    WIP: MCSA upgrade MCITP:SA then EA
  6. Infinity

Infinity New Member

They could be talking about the N10-002 exam!!!

7. hbroomhall

hbroomhall Petabyte Poster Gold Member

Hi and welcome to CF!

Are you sure you aren't confusing iNet+ with Network+? iNet+ is being retired at the end of the year.

Harry.

Certifications: ECDL A+ Network+ i-Net+
    WIP: Server+
  8. Infinity

Infinity New Member

I bet it was iNet+, sorry for the confusion