Network+ 2007

Discussion in 'Network+' started by MrNerdy, Jan 19, 2008.

1. MrNerdy

MrNerdy Megabyte Poster

Got a friend taking Network+ in a months time.
    They have been told that CompTIA have updated the questions from 2005ed to the new 2007ed.
    Seems they have updated it by adding in 130 new questions.
    Is this right & if so any new N+2007 books out their to look up?

Mike Meyers on one of his sites is including these new 130 questions as an email update for those with the 2005 ed of his N+ book???

Certifications: ECDL, CiscoIT1 & A+
    WIP: Girlfriend & Network+
  2. GiddyG

GiddyG Terabyte Poster Gold Member

There are no 2007 books, that I am aware of; however, the objectives remain the same as those for 2005.

Mike Meyers does indeed have more questions, and I believe that BosonMichael did put a link on to the thread on Meyers' forum in one of the recent N+ threads.

3. nXPLOSi

nXPLOSi Terabyte Poster

Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA 2003 (270, 290, 291), MCTS (640, 642), MCSA 2008
    WIP: MCSA 2012
  4. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

To the best of my knowledge, the 2005 objectives are the most recent ones for the Network+ exam. Usually if CompTIA is going to do an upgrade, they announce it months and months in advance, and then offer beta testing for either free or at a reduced rate to shake out the bugs.

For the latest and most official info for any CompTIA exam, CompTIA themselves are the most valid source:

http://certification.comptia.org/network/

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  5. Rafek

Rafek Kilobyte Poster

As already stated the updated Network 2007 test is still using the same objectives as the 2005,
    I resently sat the N+ 2007 exam in Nov after studying with the 2005 materials, if you know and understand the concepts/info then the updated N+07 will not cause you any problems.

Goodluck

Certifications: A+, Network+
    WIP: IPT/IPCC stuff
  6. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

That's been the case when they change the exam number... but that's not what happened in this case, Trip. Thus, no announcement was made, even though CompTIA inserted a bucketload of new questions into the Network+ exam. That's why Meyers created some additional content and is offering it for free to those who purchased his book.

All that said... the objectives are still the same.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!