.NET Certs

Discussion in 'General Microsoft Certifications' started by misterjingo, Feb 19, 2006.

1. misterjingo

misterjingo New Member

Hi all,

I posted this in the new member section, but no one could help me there.

I'm currently a VC++ developer and over the past 5 months have been teaching myself C#.net 2.0 and ASP.NET.
    I'd ideally like to be certified, but I have no idea where to start.
    Would the MCTS be the best thing to studdy for inregards to winform and webform applications using c#.NET 2.0?

Also how would I go about setting exams up etc? I'm currently located in the West Midlands (UK).

Any help would be greatly appreciated - i'm new to all this and a little bit confused by the different Certs availible.

Chris

2. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

Can't rteally offer any help as regards the subjects that you mention, but as far as booking exams goes you need to register with either VUE or Prometric.

When you register you will get to pick a testing centre that is local to you.

8)

3. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

I guess you will be wanting to go for Professional Developer (MCPD) in either Web or Windows development.
    MCTS is the first step of the way.

This has been brought up before though, the 2005 exams are not yet available as they are still being beta tested. Nor are there many resources out there to study them.

Is there any particular reason that you want to study the rew release of .NET, rather than the one that we are using at the moment?

There are plenty of MCAD MCSD resources and there will be an upgrade to MCPD.

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  4. misterjingo

misterjingo New Member

I've moved on to .NET 2.0 and all my recent work (mainly winforms) has been using this technology, so this is where the main body of my experience lies in C#. I figured it might be the best area to become certified in due to this, and because I figured the market will be (and is) using the new syntax that .NET 2.0 allows.