Nervous 291 on Thurs

Discussion in 'Network Infrastructure' started by Nimbus, Dec 18, 2007.

1. onoski

onoski Terabyte Poster

Sorry to hear that as my last post I did emphasize the importance of covering the following in dept, DNS, WSUS, RRAS and DHCP. But don't let that put you off go through the MS press book again and go through all the labs. Best wishes and remember winners don't quit and quitters don't win:)

Certifications: MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003 Messaging, MCP, HNC BIT, ITIL Fdn V3, SDI Fdn, VCP 4 & VCP 5
    WIP: MCTS:70-236, PowerShell
  2. Nimbus

Nimbus Bit Poster

Just back, failed with 487 :cry:

I thought my strongest area was dns but it was the area I scored lowest in!! :blink It seems I need major study in this area along with network security.

I used the mspress book for study along with transcender over the last three months. I also thought I had ip addressing nailed, I understand the theory but got confused by the practical examples in the exam

I bought the sybex book on the way home and booked my second shot for the end of February. Just to echo another poster, if you dont have rras,dns,ip,sus 100% in your head forget about it.

Hard luck Jaytee but looks like your not the only member in the club, better luck next time.

Merry Christmas to All

3. nicolinux

nicolinux Byte Poster

Good luck.
    I think the real test are easyer than the practice-tests, maybe because you are more concentrated.
    The 291 was good for me because i really liked all the topics included (except security)

Certifications: mcse win2k3, mcts x4. mcitp enterprise admin
    WIP: 70-680
  4. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Unlucky guys, it is a tough exam though. Best get back to the books! :study

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  5. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

I am studying the A+ and have the Transcender practice exams aswell as preplogics and to be honest I find the the transcender stuff badly written but very easy, maybe if you invest in some other practice exams you may find that the transcender stuff has given you an in acurate confidence.

Best of luck next time :)

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?