Need suggestion

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by sunnyboy123, Sep 2, 2009.

1. sunnyboy123

sunnyboy123 New Member

Hi,

I am want to make my carrer in IT, I am living in Canada. I have been doing a lot of research for that
    But, I am unsure of the best way to this and what certification I need to get there.

any advice for me ???

:(

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 2, 2009
  2. Shinigami

Shinigami Megabyte Poster

There's a lot of certification paths out there, but certification for the sake of having a title should not be your main goal.

How much experience do you already have in IT? What is the most interesting technology for you?

Depending on how you answer these questions, you may want to begin with a CompTIA self-study (much cheaper than paying some other company to help you get this), maybe moving onto a CCNA if you're going to be working as a Network Admin, or MCDST if you want to do Microsoft Windows XP based help desk work, and so on.

When you have a few years of solid experience under your belt, then you can move onto achieving an MCSA/MCSE or upgrading to MCTS/MCITP.

Sun Solaris, Linux, NetApp, VMWare and many other applications and physical devices all have certification paths, it just depends on what you want to concentrate on.

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, MCDST, MOS, CIW, Comptia
    WIP: Win7/Lync2010/MCM