Need some help

Discussion in 'MCDST' started by anto6ik7, Oct 27, 2009.

1. anto6ik7

anto6ik7 Nibble Poster

Hi everyone,

I hope someone could help me and explain me what i am doing wrong.

I can not get sharing working.I am using vmware software. I have 2 xp pro running on the within workgroup. Both machines have static ip addresses. I can ping each other. Originally i cloned my second xp from the first one and i changed the name and the ip address of it.

When i type unc to my machines on the first on i get logon failure and on my second i cant type the user name i comes already with a guest account.

I have attached the pictures of it. The firewall is off.

What i am doing wrong??? :(

I appreciate any help.

Thanks a lot.

Attached Files:

Certifications: MCDST, 70-290
    WIP: MCSA
  2. anto6ik7

anto6ik7 Nibble Poster

Thanks for checking this thread.

I managed to figure out the problem.

I simple forgot to set passwords for my accounts. How silly it is!!!:x

3. anto6ik7

anto6ik7 Nibble Poster

Hi guys,

I have been looking today on the web and i have downloaded practise free trial questions from ucertify. I have found they ask things about domain.

I wonder how much knowledge do i need for mcdst (70-271). According to Microsoft book it does not cover domains in great detail at all.

Appreciate advice. :)

4. Notes_Bloke

Notes_Bloke Terabyte Poster

This is what the Microsoft learning site says:-

HTH

NB

Certifications: 70-210, 70-215, A+,N+, Security+
  5. crazy horse

crazy horse Byte Poster

Hi Anto6ik7,

Yes, there may be the possibility of questions relating to XP client machines on domain environments. It is not weighted towards server side at all, just the XP client. So as long as you understand how an XP machine could be effected by being part of a domain environment and how to troubleshoot this and fix this, you will be fine. For instance questions could relate to network connectivity between a XP client machine and servers. Group policy and how a certain policy could affect a machine in an XP environment. VPN and how to configure this on a XP machine for access to a corporate environment. In Chapter 1 there is a small section about the different types of network that you will need to have an understanding of for the exam.

For a full list of skills measured see this page and click Skills Measured.

Crazy Horse

6. anto6ik7

anto6ik7 Nibble Poster

Thank you.

Very clear explanation. I will check once again these areas. (especially VPN as it was not covered in Microsoft book)

I think i am ready for this exam. However, i do not feel 100% confident. This is probably due to the fact that it will be my first Microsoft exam.

Thanks.

7. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

get some practice exam material from reliable places like Transcender, Boson, Preplogic, measureup.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  8. anto6ik7

anto6ik7 Nibble Poster

Is measureup exam not the same as the exam that comes with Microsoft book?

Thanks.

9. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

yes I was just naming some reputable places.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  10. crazy horse

crazy horse Byte Poster

No problem.

I used Transcender practice exam for the 70-271 and found that this really helped as the questions were similar to the types of questions in the exam (In terms of length, writing style and number of answers). This ensured I was best prepared as it was my Microsoft exam. The Measure up questions on the CD are a good benchmark although I found certification mode was nowhere near the types of questions I had in the exam. The questions were more like the ones in the Objective Reviews.

Good luck with the exam!

11. anto6ik7

anto6ik7 Nibble Poster

The Objective Reviews questions are much easier. The real exam is confusing on the cd .So i hope the exam should not be very difficult for me. :)

12. accountant

accountant New Member

Hey,,, did you managed to figure out the problem. How do you remember the set passwords?

13. anto6ik7

anto6ik7 Nibble Poster

Hi,

Yea, i have managed to figure out the problem. I was using vmware and I forgot to set passwords for my accounts. None of them had a password. This was causing the problem.

Good luck with your studies.:)