Need some advice !

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by kinger247, Sep 30, 2010.

1. kinger247

kinger247 Bit Poster

Hi all,

Need some advice on what I should do now. I’m not new to this forum, just haven’t been on for a while

Currently I’m a senior developer who was going somewhere with his company.
    About 4 years ago I‘d planned to do the vb.net certifications paid for by my company, but whilst training for this my company had turned a new direction with new managers/directors and isn’t interested in its employees, future developments just profits on the current software versions. So I want out.

I’m 36, developing for 16 years and would like to move into team leader type roles, but still develop.
    I have experience in .net mainly vb.net, SQL, asp.net etc … all the ms stuff.

What would be the best certifications now, I see the certs have changed since I last looked at them and it all looks a little confusing.
    Any advice would be greatly received, as it sounds I’m at a bit of a loss :eek:

Thanks in advance.
    Karl.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2010
    Certifications: None (yet)
  2. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

As you already have quite a few years programming in VB .Net, I would say take a look at the MCTS/MCPD route.

Depending on what kind of applications you actual create, there are various paths for you to choose from:

1. Windows Developer 3.5 for developers who build rich client applications for the Windows Forms platform by using the Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5.

2. ASP.NET Developer 3.5 for developers who build interactive, data-driven ASP.NET applications by using ASP.NET 3.5 for both intranet and Internet uses.

3. Enterprise Application Developer 3.5 for developers who build distributed solutions that focus on ASP.NET and Windows Forms rich-client experiences.

Then after that, decide what else you want to do :)

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  3. kinger247

kinger247 Bit Poster

Thanks Ken, good that you confirm what I was thinking..

Back to the classroom :eek:

Certifications: None (yet)