Need more advice for 70-219

Discussion in 'Active Directory Exams' started by Kitkatninja, Oct 19, 2005.

1. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Hi all,

Got my 70-219 exam on the last day of Oct, been studying like sh*t with a couple of books, a training CD and trying out acouple of things on the network at work (some improvements and some not - when people questions, I just have a blank look on my face and say I'll look into it, hehe). I guess it's just nerves, but I can't find any threads on how people have done (except for 1) was wondering if more than a couple of people have passed it, what are their thoughts on the exam. How is it comparable to the other MS 2000 exams?

Wish me luck

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  2. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

Good Luck!

I did this exam a few years back, failed it tho. Never got back round to studying up for it again.

It was when MS used to simply say Pass / Fail on their exams, so couldn't tell you how close I was.

I used the same study materials for this one as I used for 217, as there was a lot of overlapping information.

8)

3. Kitkatninja

Thanks, will review the stuff I have for that exam also.

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
  4. Clyde

Clyde Megabyte Poster

ah 219!

Sorts the men from the boys that one does! It's made easier these days as they tend to ask less questions per scenario.

OK lets break it down. 4 Case studies. X questions per case study.

They're looking for your knowlege on the FSMO roles, and sites etc here.

A good stratagy is to make sure you know the rules on the number of FSMO's per domain and forest. Then read ALL the questions before you answer ANY. Reason - some questions may be answered by reading on.. eg. a question on the number of forests may be answered in the body of another question later on.

You gotta know the rules for FSMOs, sites, dns etc etc.. You need to understand that the opinion of the CEO beats the opinion of the IT technician ! Its common sense, and comprehension this one..

Can't think of owt else right now..

Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA, MCSE
    WIP: MCITP
  5. supag33k

supag33k Kilobyte Poster

Yep Clyde has nailed it down well, it really is an exercise in how well you read and understand the scenario, especially with regards to the roles and structure in an enterprise.

If you have already done the earlier exams - especially 70-217, then you should be okay

The same deal applies with all the other design exams for Exchange and SQL as well.

A premium test engine from someone like Transcender/Self Test Software [kaplan IT] really comes into its own in this case as well...JMHO

Best of luck!!

supa

Certifications: MCSE (NT4/2000/2003/Messaging), MCDBA
    WIP: CCNA, MCTS SQL, Exchange & Security stuff
  6. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Yes I have been there and done that too. Thank heavens I passed because I would not have wanted to sit through that again :blink One case study in particular was so confusing I am still trying to fathom it out two years later :eek:

There used to be a brilliant resource on Microsoft's site listed as the deployment guide chapters 9 and 10 contained all the stuff you needed to know on top of what you already understand from sitting 70-217

The closest thing I can find now because it's all been archived is click here

Hope that helps and good luck!!!

Pete

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  7. Kitkatninja

Thanks for all your input, it's steering me in the right direction to go.

"You need to understand that the opinion of the CEO beats the opinion of the IT technician" - Clyde

Just like in real life, and so far I haven't met a decision maker who makes "good" decisions (at least from the IT Departments point of view) hehehehe :biggrin

The countdown has begun - 09.30hrs on 31st of October is approaching...

8. AJ

AJ 01000001 01100100 01101101 01101001 01101110 Administrator

Can't really add to what the other guys put on this. I did this one some time ago and the things that do spring to mind is being able to cut through the dross to get to the relivant info and the exam was so bloody long.

Anyway good luck

Certifications: MCSE, MCSA (messaging), ITIL Foundation v3
    WIP: Breathing in and out, but not out and in, that's just wrong
  9. Kitkatninja

Thanks everyone, I don't like to go into exams (or anything really) without having some background knowledge.

10. Clyde

Clyde Megabyte Poster

get as much practise as you can at these multi question scenarios...

Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA, MCSE
    WIP: MCITP