Need Job Please Help!

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by oush, May 9, 2006.

1. oush

oush Byte Poster

Hi,
    Im currently 17 years old and ive had a very keen interest in computers from the age of 12, i have done some basic programming and i have worked in 2 computers shops and one graphic designing place before:

Call A Computer Doctor Limited (North London)
    Century Systems Limited (North London)
    Print Mania (North London)

I had to leave does jobs due to education and once again its summer time, im looking for a job for the summer and perhaps i might carry on with it during the future. Pay is not realli a big issue for me all i really care about is EXPERIANCE! I want to learn as much as i can! At the moment my knowledge is very very good for my age i mean i can build, repair computers, i can trouble shoot and also the companys let me go on onsite visits! Im perticularly interested in a networking job i mean it would be great if i could shadow a network adminstration while there at work or perhaps even become an assistant!

Many thanks to everyone who will reply to this thread! :D :biggrin

Certifications: MCITP: EA, Linux+, CCNA, CCDA
    WIP: CCIP
  2. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

Hi Oush,

Unfortunately you are in the same position as a lot of our members, they are all looking for experience and that break through into IT.

What you have to do is make yourself stand out from the other candidates. What makes you special? Why hould an employer want you over the other candidates?

What are the types of places that you have looked thus far? and what feedback have you gained as to why you weren't employed?

You may find that you have to volunteer your time rather than getting paid for it.

8)

3. oush

oush Byte Poster

Im very keen in IT! I spend at least 4-5 hours a day on the computer the rest at the gym heheheh yeh at does places which i have worked Century Sytems and Computer Doctor i decided to work for free just to gain experiance, but now im looking to work for a big organisation i dont mind working for free at all! AS long as i LEARN im happy! WHy should they choose me? They should choose me because im very very very keen to learn, im puntual, ive got manners and i LOVE COMPUTERS! Ive got a good personality (as the girls say) :D

Certifications: MCITP: EA, Linux+, CCNA, CCDA
    WIP: CCIP