Need Help!!! - with Packet Tracer -

Discussion in 'Routing & Switching' started by ameliaalias, Mar 12, 2009.

1. ameliaalias

ameliaalias New Member

Given IP address is 193.139.0.0
    Can't ping between hostname Dept A1 and Dept A2 via Branch A
    Still failed even i used static routing or RIP routing.
    but at least when i use RIP routing, i can connect from branch to branch & top to below (Branch A to PC0)

The rest is ok i.e. from branch A to branch B, from top to below (Branch A to PC0)

Pls refer to attachment

Thanks,

Attached Files:

2. albertc30

albertc30 Kilobyte Poster

Just out of the blue and maybe a lucky guess mate, have you checked your gateways?

Certifications: CCNA
    WIP: 220-701 - A+
  3. albertc30

albertc30 Kilobyte Poster

Have you done it mate. Is it working now?
    I am sorry about my previous reply but I was in a hurry and normally when the same problem used to happen to me it was simply due to misconfigured gateways.
    Anyways, it would help if you could provide us with a bit more information.
    You have mentioned that you are using rip for the routing, what version are you using? Are you using VLSM or CIDR? Remember, rip version one does not support VLSM as it is a classfull protocol, you'd have to use rip version 2 to support the VLSM or CIDR addressing scheme.
    Hope it helps.

Certifications: CCNA
    WIP: 220-701 - A+
  4. kammodo

kammodo Nibble Poster

I recommend what albertc30 says, but bear in mind packet tracer can be buggy sometimes. I used it for over 18 months, and had various weird problems with routing. Setting the same topology and config on a live lab showed that PT was to blame. I can't remember if PT has debug commands, but if it does then you can see if packets are coming in for the routing updates.

Certifications: CCNA R+S, CCDA , CCNP r+s , CCDP
    WIP: CCIE
  5. kammodo

kammodo Nibble Poster

If you are still having trouble, send me a private message and ill give you my email address. Attach the saved PT file and ill have a look.

Certifications: CCNA R+S, CCDA , CCNP r+s , CCDP
    WIP: CCIE