Need help with Healthcare IT Job Interview

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by Rockets34Life, Sep 26, 2011.

1. Rockets34Life

Rockets34Life Bit Poster

Hello everyone, I was very fortunate to receive a phone interview this afternoon for a healthcare IT job. I know I have the IT experience for the position, but unfortunately, I don't have any healthcare education or healthcare work experience.

Has anyone been in my position?

What did you tell the prospective interviewers during the interview on what you can do to counteract it? I wanted to see if I can paraphrase it into my own words for today's interview and for any future interviews (hopefully this week).

Any advice I can get to let them know that I can handle the healthcare environment with my regular IT skillset?

Thanks in advance.

2. onoski

onoski Terabyte Poster

Concentrate on your end user handling experience and customer facing as your technical skills would come in next. This does not just apply in the healthcare industry but in almost every other organization. Best wishes:)

Certifications: MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003 Messaging, MCP, HNC BIT, ITIL Fdn V3, SDI Fdn, VCP 4 & VCP 5
    WIP: MCTS:70-236, PowerShell
  3. ChrisH1979

ChrisH1979 Byte Poster

Talk about transferable skills where x you did in y job is the same/similar as in the HealthCare job.

Certifications: MCITP:SA, MCSA, MCTS:Win 7, Application Infrastructure
    WIP: MCITP:EA