need help to get into entry level IT job

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by tariqo, Mar 14, 2010.

1. tariqo

tariqo New Member

Hello

I'm bit confused on choice i'm going to make whether if i continue to acquire industry qualification for instance MCSA OR MCSE or look for an entry level IT job in helpdesk or IT support.

As i have recently completed HND computing (business) in 2009 and wishes to pursue entry level position but still looking for it, however i manage to voluntary job for a moment in order to keep my hope up:D.

Please help:biggrin

Certifications: HND Computing (Business)
    WIP: A+
  2. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

If you don't yet work in IT, getting the MCSA/MCSE is a mistake. The MCSA is designed for people with at least 6 months of experience administering servers in a real-world, multi-site, multi-server environment. And that's not 6 months in IT... that's 6 months administering servers, which companies don't typically let you do right after you've arrived on the newbie truck. The MCSE even more so: Microsoft recommends 12 months experience doing server admin.

I'd recommend that you pursue the A+, Network+, and MCDST, and no farther until you've built up some real-world experience. And yes, definitely pursue an entry-level IT job.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!