Need data from Outlook Web Access

Discussion in 'Software' started by Boycie, Dec 14, 2006.

1. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

I need to get some customer information that is being held on Web access for Exchange server 2003.

The information was availible to all staff by using the URL of the server with the /public option in the browser.

I have done a fair bit of looking around, and realise the data resides on Exchange, although I cannot see where!

Any pointers appreciated.

Oh, I have tried the Outlook web access administration via Exchange and although it fires up the browser with the secure path and /OWAadmin, it says the page cannot be displayed.

Si

Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT
  2. Mr.Cheeks

Mr.Cheeks 1st ever Gold Member! Gold Member

anybody?

3. AJ

AJ 01000001 01100100 01101101 01101001 01101110 Administrator

Sounds like the data has been stored in the Public Folders. Not 100% with them as we don't use them. However if the data has gone then I think you might want to check your backups. If you have an account on the exchange server then the public folders are normally seen at the bottom of the folder list.

Certifications: MCSE, MCSA (messaging), ITIL Foundation v3
    WIP: Breathing in and out, but not out and in, that's just wrong
  4. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Phoenix 53656e696f7220 4d6f64

thats the public folder path as AJ highlights

Public folders generally replicate to most exchange servers in an orginisation although it may be too late if the replication has occured since the removal and backups may be your only choice

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, VCP
    WIP: > 0
  5. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

I can see the public folder within exchange management but am not sure how to get the data from it (if at all) in one go.

If I right click the folder I have the option of connect to... and it shows the path of the server where it resides, but error's out saying;

A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not respond properly after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond.

Facility: Win32
    ID no: c007274c
    Exchange System Manager

Googling this error relates to problems accessing the public folder from the exchange server due to IIS, but I am unable to find the public folder from Outlook either. :blink

I came accross and downloaded the outlook web access management .exe from MS and sucessfully ran it on the server, but it opens up a web page with the path of ..... server/OWAadmin saying *the page cannot be displayed*.

There isn't a great deal of data, but other than deleting every entry as I paste the information to a text document, cannot think of anything else to try. - I can open the folder via the DC web browser and view all the data perfectly. :twisted:

Si

Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT