Need a little help!

Discussion in 'Windows 7 / 8 /10 Client Exams' started by futurehead, Aug 19, 2006.

1. futurehead

futurehead New Member

hey,

im a new user and thought i'd finally post something.
    i am hoping to go for the 270 exam soon.
    what things would you suggest focusing on?
    i am using the MS press book and im nearly finished. i have also bought the transcender stuff to practice on before i go for the exam aswell. i have only taken comptia exams in the past so could anyone shed some light on this exam for me?
    i have been working with Xp for around 2 yrs, but i've noticed they like you to know the exact path to access certain things.

can anyone shed some light on this for me?

Certifications: A+ & Network+
    WIP: MCP 70-270
  2. sebstah

sebstah Nibble Poster

howdy futurehead, i found the transcender's really helpfull they helped in my weaker points also measureup prac exams also helped, in the 270 exam microsoft do expect u to know to find certain apps. In my exam disk managment and Active Directory was hit pretty hard..

hope that helps and good luck :)

Certifications: A+,70-270,70-290
    WIP: 70-620
  3. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

I would add a Windows XP PC to a domain and get familiar with how the PC works in a domain environment; group policy comes up in the exam and often refers to the PC being part of a domain. 8)

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  4. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

I've also used trancenders and I find that it does help out a lot, I also used the preplogic question to prepare but they are a bit different from trancender.

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA
  5. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Fire up that Transcender and have a butchers, that will give you an idea of how in-depth you need to study and what kind of material you need to cover. Do not start doing the tests yet, save that for after you have studied the topics.

Also make certain that you check out the exam objectives on Microsoft's site. Pay attention to those and make sure you cover them all.

Also, get stuck into reading the past threads on this exam here.

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)