Need a little bit of wise advice...

Discussion in 'MCDST' started by DigitalSickness, Oct 5, 2010.

1. Colloghi

Colloghi Kilobyte Poster

As others have said, go for the self study route. Its 88 quid per exam, and can easily be paid.

As your unemployed, id recommend starting to look around your house and see what you can flog at a car boot, or on ebay to pay for the exams. Also if you have a bunch of cvds, dvdes you dont want anymore and there going for peanuts on ebay..............have a look on http://www.musicmagpie.co.uk/. No selling fees, and no postage costs. Type your barcode into the site, and it will give you a quote on the cd price........

Id also recommend not sitting there and thinking, "rightm as soon as i can get my books, ill start studying". Dont do that. Instead, yes buy the books , but whilst waiting to purchase the books, or waiting for them to arrive. Print the exam objectives out, and then have a play with XP and read on the net for help. Anything you dont understand about a certain thing or unsure about, then ask for help on here:)

Certifications: A+, MCP 270, 271, MCDST
    WIP: 290
  2. DigitalSickness

DigitalSickness New Member

Lol, yea I hardly got a word in with the sales guy.

Many thanks again, I will ( hopefully ) return to do the MCDST until the A+ is sorted :( : http://www.certforums.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?p=367446#post367446

3. musa2006

musa2006 Bit Poster

Hi All,

i need a little advice please :-)

i have started my MCDST, i am using CBT Nuggets, but i would like to use a study guide aswell.

can you please recommend a good study guide i can use.

thank you in advance for your help and advice :-)

regards,

musa2006 :eek:

Certifications: IT Fundamentals,CompTIA A+, MCP
    WIP: MCDST
  4. supernova

supernova Gigabyte Poster

with a nice out of court or in court settlement

Certifications: Loads
    WIP: Lots
  5. supernova

MS Press 271 and 272 books

6. supernova

Just a warning the IT industry in the UK has a record high number of unemployed IT graduates Whilst i don't want to put anyone off a career in IT its has never been harder to get a entry level job in IT.

"IT graduates had the bleakest prospects, with an unemployment rate of 16% among their number." - BBC - 1 November 2010

Just dont put all you eggs in one basket

Last edited: Nov 9, 2010
  7. musa2006

musa2006 Bit Poster

where can i purchase these books? i looked online, but dont seem to be finding anything. :cry:

if anyone has these books lying at home and would like to sell them please PM me.

thank you in advance for you help :biggrin

8. ThomasMc

ThomasMc Gigabyte Poster

Certifications: MCDST|FtOCC
    WIP: MCSA(70-270|70-290|70-291)
  9. musa2006

musa2006 Bit Poster