National No Smoking Day Today

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by Alex399, Mar 10, 2010.

1. westernkings

westernkings Gigabyte Poster

He JK, Bri is fantasizing again, pervert.

Certifications: MCITP:VA, MCITP:EA, MCDST, MCTS, MCITP:EST7, MCITP:SA, PRINCE2, ITILv3
  2. Alex399

Alex399 Byte Poster

Yeah the Spanish love there Mopeds don't they.
    Are the Moped Parking Bays anything along the lines of this picture :p

[​IMG]

WIP: A+, N+, MCP, MCDST
  3. Arroryn

Arroryn we're all dooooooomed Moderator

If you're all such work hard play hard social animals, why ain't I seen any of you at the gatherings :dry

At least one of you buggers had better turn up to the next one, otherwise it's an ass kicking (when I find out where you live. And believe me... I can find out!)

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, 70-410, 70-411
    WIP: Modern Languages BA
  4. Danmurph

Danmurph Byte Poster

My view is this,

Luck of the draw I'm afraid people, some people get I'll from it, some people don't. I'm not saying it doesn't increase your chances of getting ill or dying young but how many things around us also do this?
    I smoke, not much but I do, I agree that its nice not to have it in pubs etc and think its a good release when you are at work, thinking time for me anyway:D

I happen to think stress is a much bigger killer, it brings on disease, the mind is a powerful thing, it can and will convince your body you are ill.

Do what you like - you only get one shot at life, make it as long or as short as you want, it really is your choice and no one elses, just be happy :D

Certifications: MCDST, MCP, A+
    WIP: Everything!!
  5. Danmurph

Danmurph Byte Poster

All this stress is gonna kill you dude, you need to find a release....maybe a cheeky smoke might do the trick :D

6. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

I've seen things JUST like that. I'll try to remember to find one of my pics and post it.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  7. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

I don't think it is to be honest if someone wants to smoke then thats their choice, if someone want's to not take a shower for 3 weeks that's their choice. Yep they might stink but that's upto them.

I don't agree with people being in your face about any religious faiths but that is their choice to air their views, I don't agree with it but I believe they have a right to air those views.

I grant you the fact that if you have an illness which may possibly be attributed to passive smoking you might be pretty pissed off and I for one try not to smoke around non smokers and never ever did it before the smoking ban in restaraunts as I myself don't like people smoking when I am eating but people who smoke shouldn't be made out to be outcasts or evil people. It's not like they are smackheads who steal and mug people to get a fix.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  8. BosonMichael

Watch out... "other people" might take their frustrations out on YOU... :eek: :biggrin

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
  9. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

Yep. Probably. Difference being, when I do have a massive Connery, and spend two weeks recovering in an NHS hospital, by that time I'll have paid about ten times what it costs to care for me - as opposed to smokers with lung cancer, for whom I will end up footing the bill for their cancer care for four years. Maybe I'm on to something here. Perhaps the f***witted arseholes who populate the s***holes around where I live, who have never worked a day in their life and never will, yet still manage to smoke their way through 20 Superkings a day - as soon as they get diagnosed with lung cancer, they just get shot. Net cost through NI contributions from the taxpayer - about £1.50 for the bullet.

Everyone who has worked, well maybe they should have the net cost of any treatment they've received up to their diagnosis worked out, then be given a 'TTL' based on their NI contributions. Some people will end up 'breaking even' - and be cared for until they pop their clogs, others will have a couple of years/months/weeks to 'make their peace' before they get capped as well.

I should run for PM

Certifications: A few
    WIP: None - f*** 'em
  10. Danmurph

Danmurph Byte Poster

Some fair comments, people who waste money on cigarettes are indeed fools, I wouldn't pay this countries prices.
    If you smoked on average 15 a day for the last ten years you would have paid approximately a staggering 16k!
    Me on the other hand like to take the cheaper and lets say more fun approach.
    Once every few months i take the missus to Belgium for the day to have 'lunch', we have a lovely romantic day (for her anyway) and I come home with my supplies! :D
    I have spent on average over the last ten years 2k on smoking with a healthy relationship in tow :D, happy days

11. JK2447
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

JK2447 Petabyte Poster Administrator Premium Member

Ha ha ha PMSL at TTL! So glad I've got private medical. I'd of thought a man of your means Zeb lives in an area where people play polo and say tally ho

Certifications: VCP4, 5, 6, 6.5, 6.7, 7, 8, VCAP DCV Design, VMConAWS Skill, Google Cloud Digital Leader, BSc (Hons), HND IT, HND Computing, ITIL-F, MBCS CITP, MCP (270,290,291,293,294,298,299,410,411,412) MCTS (401,620,624,652) MCSA:Security, MCSE: Security, Security+, CPTS, CCA (XenApp6.5), MCSA 2012, VSP, VTSP
    WIP: Google Cloud Certs
  12. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

LOL - you've obviously got me confused with someone else - someone who has a lot more money than me!

Certifications: A few
    WIP: None - f*** 'em
  13. derkit

derkit Gigabyte Poster

I prefer to think of it that we are all uneducated permanently.

If you have nothing to learn, you might as well as start smoking - nothing else to do in life then!

Last edited: Mar 13, 2010
    Certifications: MBCS, BSc(Hons), Cert(Maths), A+, Net+, MCDST, ITIL-F v3, MCSA
    WIP: 70-293
  14. Alex399

Alex399 Byte Poster

1: Try to remember

2: Find the Pic

:p good to do have a list of things to do for once isn't it

Last edited: Mar 13, 2010
    WIP: A+, N+, MCP, MCDST
  15. BosonMichael

Not sure it has the same effect as the other pic, but here's what I've got, both from my 2008 trip:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. JK2447
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

JK2447 Petabyte Poster Administrator Premium Member

I'd love to go to China and Japan. Nice one for sharing the pics Mike

Certifications: VCP4, 5, 6, 6.5, 6.7, 7, 8, VCAP DCV Design, VMConAWS Skill, Google Cloud Digital Leader, BSc (Hons), HND IT, HND Computing, ITIL-F, MBCS CITP, MCP (270,290,291,293,294,298,299,410,411,412) MCTS (401,620,624,652) MCSA:Security, MCSE: Security, Security+, CPTS, CCA (XenApp6.5), MCSA 2012, VSP, VTSP
    WIP: Google Cloud Certs
  17. westernkings

westernkings Gigabyte Poster

Sexual frustrations? :twisted:

Certifications: MCITP:VA, MCITP:EA, MCDST, MCTS, MCITP:EST7, MCITP:SA, PRINCE2, ITILv3
  18. BosonMichael

JK's been hitting everyone in sight with his "man bag and bat"... :twisted: