N+ 09 advise

Discussion in 'Network+' started by Jiser, Jan 7, 2009.

1. Jiser

Jiser Kilobyte Poster

So I spent aload of dosh on books for N+ last year. Now I am determined to finish it this year as well as the A+. I have done a fair amount of studying so far towards it on the former objectives. However alot of I havent a clue about - why? Because I haven't done it in the real world - all the old Nt+ stuff, types of cabling etc etc.

Anyway question is when does the actual exam release? + Anyone know of any book release dates...Annoying as I bought aload of old ones but hey! The new objectives will be more relevant so I have decided to take the new one (After listening to the meyers podcast).

Certifications: BSc (Hons), PGc, MCTS:Win 7, MCSA W7/MCITP EDST, ITIL Foundation, Prince 2 Foundation, C&G: Web Design, MOS 07: Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Outlook.
  2. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

You can read one of my previous posts here on the Network+ 2009, Comptia's site also has some info :)

To be honest, Comptia certs do not expire, why not go for the 2005 version as you already have the study material for it? You have until the July 31, 2009 to take it, which if you study well is enough time to do it in.

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security