MY XP CLIENT MACHINE CAN NOT LOAD UP THE SETUP

Discussion in 'Networks' started by rufftongue, Feb 20, 2006.

1. rufftongue

rufftongue Bit Poster

HI
    I want to resolve my xp client machine which when is started i can see the Xp loading but dont bootup.please help me if there is any solutions to that problem cos i dont want to format my hard drive...i will be back sooon.thankx

Certifications: A+
    WIP: NETWORK+
  2. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

Hi,

I think i know what you mean... You want to select how you want windows to start? If yes press the F8 key after POST and you will then be asked if you want command line, safe mode, last known config etc.

Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT
  3. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

If you have recently updated any drivers or software on your PC then this could be what is causing the problem. Do what Boyce suggested, then when in safe mode remove the drivers or software that you have installed and reboot.

8)

4. rufftongue

rufftongue Bit Poster

when i select safe mode on good conf it still boot asking me for mutitasking drivers etc all in front of my screen.can i get auto repair software to download to repair the O.S

5. hbroomhall

hbroomhall Petabyte Poster Gold Member

To do a repair, boot with your XP CD and start an install. It will find the current installation.
    Use that rather than install elsewhere.
    Ignore the 'recovery console' bit, but on the next screen it will offer to repair. Choose that.

If the XP CD is old you will need to reapply service packs.

You may also need to reactivate.

Harry.

Certifications: ECDL A+ Network+ i-Net+
    WIP: Server+
  6. rufftongue

rufftongue Bit Poster

When i ignore the recovery console will i be able to get access to my old docs.
    can i get a site to download auto revoery disk.i will try to use the solution suggested.thankx

7. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

Hopefully, all your docs will be ok using the repair option but as with everything nothing is guaranteed.....
    It is wise to make a back-up plan..

Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT