My job and forthcoming interviews.

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by sub_bass, Mar 17, 2008.

1. sub_bass

sub_bass New Member

I just started a new job (Non-IT) and I already hate it but I'm willing to stick to it till an IT job comes up. The problem is I have an interview next week and maybe another one soon.
    How am I going to get time off for an interview (like every 2 weeks for example) when I just started? It would look bad. I feel I'm getting closer, so that's going to mean alot of time off for interviews etc.

Would it generally look bad to my future employer that I changed jobs in just 3 weeks to chase my long term career?
    Would you feel bad leaving your current job (non-IT job that is) after such a short period of time?

2. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Yep... that would be difficult. Unfortunately, there's no magical solution. Schedule during lunch breaks. Work with your boss for a creative schedule, if they're open to that (some are not). The best you can do is the best you can do.

It could. To some employers, it will matter; to others, it will not.

I would, yes. But I'm just wired like that. I know many others who would not feel bad about it.

I left a job after four months before, but for four months before that, they were my previous employer's client, and my employer billed for my services by the hour. Even so, I felt bad when I left them for another job making $10,000 more.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  3. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

If I was an employer and saw that you had a few jobs over a short period of time I would think that you are unreliable and not eager enough to stick to your responsibilites.

But if its only been a couple then I suppose thats ok but your pushing it when you get passed 4 in my opinion.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?