My goal for the A+ Views & advise

Discussion in 'A+' started by asoe209, Aug 16, 2010.

1. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Yep good outlook you have, my problem is fitting in all the study now and with the MCSE being 7 exams it might take me 7 years to do it:D

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  2. asoe209

asoe209 Nibble Poster

lol, 7 years? long time that. I guess for me i have to push just for the fact that i dont like were i am working and the quicker and fast i can do it the better.

we spend most of our days at work so why not be some where your happy and at least doing some thing we like.

if you really want to get there you will, i know things get in the way and can not always be avoided but really its up to you if you want to push for it.

Im not saying you do or you dont. just how i see things for my self.

Certifications: City & Guilds level PC repar 1 & 2
    WIP: Comptia A+
  3. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

I have a lot going on at the minute, always at work plus caring for my Mother doesn't leave a lot of time for study although I do but not as much as I would like.

My employer wants me to do the new Network+ althoug I already passed the old one, I have had to put the exam of twice now but luckily he understands.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  4. asoe209

asoe209 Nibble Poster

i can see what u mean by time there. i see haw that can leave you with little time.

i got hit yesterday to. in all the talk of wanting to start this im being forced to move so getting started may be slower than i think. but so im just going through some videos and it really does look pretty much the same as my city and guilds.

5. invierno

invierno Nibble Poster

Just want to chime in to encourage you to go for it - and self-study does work for A+. That's how I did mine. The Sybex books I think are outstanding.

Certifications: See Signature
    WIP: Java, Linux
  6. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

I've been in IT for almost 13 years. Before that, I was the go-to computer guy at work for 6 years, and before that, I messed around with computers as a hobby for 12 years.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  7. chuckles

chuckles Kilobyte Poster

Good luck with the studies! It is possible to do the N+ without lab work. My 865 proves that. I definitely recommend looking into the practice exams once you get ready. Personally I have always learned and reinforced a lot by taking practice exams. I always spend much more on the practice than the study books! But that's just the way I like to get prepared. Also be sure to check out the ProProfs.com site for study material and questions.

Certifications: '07/'09 A+, N+, S+
    WIP: maybe something Apple
  8. asoe209

asoe209 Nibble Poster

So I have just bought my A+ book at last, it should be here tomorrow so its official im starting lol.

Got the CompTIA A+ Certification All-in-one Exam Guide: Exams 220-701 and 220-702 (All-In-One)