My first failed exam... :(

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by Adzmobile, Sep 29, 2012.

1. Adzmobile

Adzmobile Nibble Poster

Hello!

I failed my first exam today! And by 1 mark!! Ohhh mann..

Yup, its not the end of the world and it happens but it still feels crappy lol

So I took a Commvault exam today which i have been using heavily, I manage our internal backup environment, troubleshoot customer environments and set up my home lab where i backup my own data... I have gone through training materials.. bought additional books which i have read.. yet... still failed! Obviously doing something wrong..

I was really tempted to buy the exam again right on the spot and take it again immediately but thought hang on a minute.. obviously i still have things to learn and not everything im doing is right so I need to go back and hit the books around those areas where i have gone wrong and try again really...

I have taken several exams before and come out with decent results...a NetScaler exam i did in the past i passed it just on the dot so this is really my first failure.. and incase anyone is wondering.. it doesn't taste very sweet.

Would anyone just take it again immediately or would you recommend wait another month.. revise harder and go back... 1 mark! soooo closee!

Thanks!

Certifications: Commvault Administrator, CCNA, ITILv3, CCA for XenApp 6, CCAA for XenApp 6.5, CCA for XenDesktop 5, CCA for NetScaler 9.2, CCA for XenServer 6,VMware VCP5, VSTP 5, HP SMB Storage, Citrix Certified Enterprise Engineer (CCEE), EMCISA, VCAP-DCA
    WIP: DCUCI
  2. parman05

parman05 Byte Poster

What exam was it?

Certifications: A+, Network +, MCTS WIN7 (70-680), MCITP WIN7 (70-685), MCSA WIN7, Linux +,LPIC-1, Novell CLA 11, SUSE 11 Tech Spec, DC Tech Spec
    WIP: 70-640, 70-642, security +, CCNA
  3. SimonV
    Honorary Member

SimonV Petabyte Poster Gold Member

Ouch, by 1 mark. Thats a kick in the proverbial's, but no point dwelling on it now just get back on it and nail it next time.

As far as the retake goes, how do you feel about it? Have you looked at the areas you fell short. Maybe cramming on your weak subject and get straight back in the test room is the better option. Only you can make that call and that depends on how comfortable you feel and how motivated you will be if you put of the retake for a month or so.

Certifications: MOS Master 2003, CompTIA A+, MCSA:M, MCSE
    WIP: Keeping CF Alive...
  4. sameerbp

sameerbp New Member

It must be very disappointing for you to fail by just one mark. All the best for next time.

5. JK2447
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

JK2447 Petabyte Poster Administrator Premium Member

So close but as long as you are determined you'll come back stronger than ever. I've failed a few exams along the way, it happens, what is important is you address your weaknesses and bang back in for it. Kick some butt! Jim.

Certifications: VCP4, 5, 6, 6.5, 6.7, 7, 8, VCAP DCV Design, VMConAWS Skill, Google Cloud Digital Leader, BSc (Hons), HND IT, HND Computing, ITIL-F, MBCS CITP, MCP (270,290,291,293,294,298,299,410,411,412) MCTS (401,620,624,652) MCSA:Security, MCSE: Security, Security+, CPTS, CCA (XenApp6.5), MCSA 2012, VSP, VTSP
    WIP: Google Cloud Certs