My Daughter's obsession on laptops...

Discussion in 'Just for Laughs' started by CertifyMe, Feb 12, 2011.

1. CertifyMe

CertifyMe Bit Poster

Hello Guys,

Just on a different note..away from the techie stuffs..I wonder if any of you dads and moms here ever had an experience with your kids obsession with laptops..obsessed meaning, my little girl just can't get enough of poking out the keys on my laptop's keypad. And for some reason she likes the spacebar from the rest:biggrin

2. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

My son is always dribbling on the laptop, chewing the corners and getting food smeared over the keyboard.

He's nine.

:eek:

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  3. LukeP

LukeP Gigabyte Poster

Friends visited us not so long ago with their 1 year old John. Kid is amazing and can spend hours pressing buttons.

He loves everything that has buttons - mobile phones, kitchen equipment, light switches, computers, buttons in the car. It's sort of fun to carry him around and let him press them. Feels like playing a part in him learning how stuff works.

WIP: Uhmm... not sure
  4. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

Takes after his dad then, and he's almost 39!:twisted:

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  5. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

How do I resist licking the screen when it tastes so good?

:biggrin

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  6. Zainek

Zainek Nibble Poster

my kid liked pulling of buttons then, graduated to losing the rubber mouse pointer button (s).
    Eventually progressing to thinking everything was touch screen, then sticking stars all over it
    She loves my macbook pro and spends watching cbeebies and playing games on it. it's getting tatty now lol. only < 1 year old. I've bought her an older dell, shes 4 btw and she moans about how slow it is, how many people are streaming movies and she knows what buffering is. IT director material or what ?

Certifications: MCTS, ITILv3 F, MCTS, MBCS, MCITP:EA C&G
    WIP: CCA Xenapp 5.0 & VMWARE
  7. sheepluv

sheepluv Byte Poster

Mine is 4 now, loves light switches so will jump all over the Sofa to switch the lights if you say anythig about it. Oh and when you carry her around its hard work :)

Recently my nice hifi speakers have had it! :(

Certifications: CCNA | HND | 70-646
  8. TheITCrowd

TheITCrowd Kilobyte Poster

Certifications: Network + |CCNA |MCTS-70-680,MCTS-70-401, MCTS-70-656, MCTS-70-351 |HP AIS ProCurve Networking -2011 | HP2-896 |VCD-CP27|JNCIA |Hewlett Packard ASE - Network Infrastructure (2011)
    WIP: 642-813
  9. Apexes

Apexes Gigabyte Poster

the marmite machine!

lol @ token marmite pot on the table, awesome :mrgreen:

Certifications: 70-243 MCTS: ConfigMgr 2012 | MCSE: Private Cloud
  10. sheepluv

sheepluv Byte Poster

And Peppa Pig on youtube! :)

Certifications: CCNA | HND | 70-646
  11. J.Hinds

J.Hinds Nibble Poster

My Daughter is 18 Months and loves to press the keys on the keyboard, and move the mouse and watch it fly around on the screen. So I have recently started opening word and paint for her and letting her loose to see if she can create anything that makes any sense. I think it's kind of smart to be honest, what I don't appreciate though is when I'm in a game and she pushes the xbox button and turns it off.. :rolleyes: She's pretty much stopped doing that now, as I give her a controller without a battery pack and she just pushes buttons and moves the joysticks like shes playing. :biggrin

Certifications: A+, MCP, MCTS (Win 7)
    WIP: MCSA (Server)
  12. Apexes

Apexes Gigabyte Poster

Keep her going on MS Paint, all those random lines and splashes of random colour - you'll flog that for a couple of million, thats what most art looks like these days! :D

Certifications: 70-243 MCTS: ConfigMgr 2012 | MCSE: Private Cloud
  13. AgentDRL

AgentDRL Nibble Poster

My daughter is 4 now. And she always wanting to watch Peppa Pig on YouTube and Dora :biggrin! She's got a thing now for watching Rastamouse on my iPhone at the minute. Some of the Dora tubes I have to be careful with because some are dubbed with Dora turning the air blue with her swearing such as calling Swiper a p***y hole :p! I find it hilarious, but I suppose I have to set some sort of example or risk a telling off from the Mrs.

I even have an old HP tablet from the last place I worked, Put XP on it with nothing but the MS Paint application on there so that she can draw to her hearts content with the stylus, but she soon got bored of that.

Kids nowadays are so tech savvy it's untrue! She already uses the word 'installing' and 'uninstalling' in the correct context, and tries to show the other kids at her nursery how to use the PC there. My Mrs says she's a daddy's girl, but only recently I've found this to be true :D. She want's to be a techie like her dad.

But I wish she'd stop telling the staff at the nursery that her dad fixes computers :(! I get all manner of requests and 'pick your brains' questions when I go to pick her up.........

Last edited: Feb 15, 2011
    Certifications: ITIL v3, A+, Network+
  14. CertifyMe

CertifyMe Bit Poster

Good to hear that my daughter is not the only destructive child around..:biggrin

15. J.Hinds

J.Hinds Nibble Poster

Very true.. I have a crayon drawing above my desk, hopefully sell that for a few million in a few years if art stays the same. :D

Far from it my friend, though they don't do it on purpose.. Just want to know how it works, I love it to be honest! Reminds me of myself. I doubt much of us on here are that different really. 8)

Certifications: A+, MCP, MCTS (Win 7)
    WIP: MCSA (Server)